cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 530 SSD stalls in MacBook Pro early 2001 13"

AWait
New Contributor

I installed an Intel 530 SSD 240GB in the main bay (replacing HDD) of my MacBook Pro early 2001 13". The system seems to run fine but for the most part, but I noticed that momentarily (5-10 seconds) it freezes up every now and then. This could happen when I am staring a new program or doing some other action that initiates access to the file system. I have two of these drives and have tried both of them in the system with the same result. I updated the 530s to the latest firmware so that is not an issue.

Previously I had another brand of SSD in this MacBook Pro and it worked without this stuttering issue. So form this I conclude that there is something about the 530 that is not working smoothly with my system.

I called Intel phone support, but they essentially had no ideas.

Any ideas or suggestions would be welcome.

2 REPLIES 2

AWait
New Contributor

After doing further research I am wondering if turning DIPM off on the SSD would resolve this problem. Of course the next question is how to turn DIPM off to try it out.

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

I am sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing. The best recommendation is to contact the system manufacturer for a list of validated models.

http://www.intel.com/support/ssdc/hpssd/sb/CS-032001.htm Intel� High Performance Solid-State Drives; Will the Intel� SSD work in my MacBook?