cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 530 SSD very slow (about 2 Mbyte/s) read and write only in a HP Z230

BGábo
New Contributor

Hello dear readers,

I have an issue with an Intel 530 120 GiB SSD. We use it since some years as a database drive in a 24/7 working, MSSQL server on Windows 7. The drive is a second one in a HP Z230 series tower, with gen 4 Intel i5 CPU and corresponding hardware. Around a year before, we experienced ridiculous slowdown during log file deletion. After deleting more than 10 files in a row, the SSD slowed down as seriously as MSSQL server hanged up for a minute. What i have tried already:

-Clean out the PC, clean RAM contacts, fans, redo all cable conenctions and change cables

-Test RAM

-Updated system UEFI

-Let Intel SSD Optimizer do its job-no new firmware, no SMART error, TRIM works fine, SSD Optimization is done

-Changed SATA mode from RAID to AHCI and for further tests, compatible IDE

-Run off from Hiren's Boot CD Windows XP and did a disk image copy on the first HDD to overcome the situation. The speed was extremly slow, it took 5 hours to copy 40 GB of disk image.

After i took the drive in an USB3 enclosure on a differenct PC and everything seems fine, no slowdown, and speed is normal.

So, all in one, i have to figure out if the SSD is defective, or facing with a firmware related problem, or maybe the server has something wrong with the SATA controller (not really think-as the other HDD works fine)

12 REPLIES 12

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello, didyman,

Thank you for having contacted Intel Technical Support. We have not heard from you since our last communication and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case? Important note: Should further assistance or clarification be required, we will greatly appreciate if you reply to this post instead of writing a new one unless your inquiry is completely unrelated. This way we will prevent generating a duplicate post and we will not lose the train of thought. We will be looking forward to your reply.Best regards,Josh B.Intel Customer Support.

BGábo
New Contributor

Hello John,

Theoretically, the case is answered (we can't go further), but technically, it isn't. The SSD is still working in our test environment on an average load similar to the original, just as the server with the database transferred to its HDD, and i still don't know, if the SSD, or the Z230 WS is the culprit.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello didyman,

Thank you for your reply. As recommended previously we advise you to replace this drive with a data center certified drive as soon as possible to avoid further issues or even the loss of important data/information.Best regards, Josh B.Intel Customer Support TechnicianUnder Contract to Intel Corporation