cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 530 SSD won't boot after Ghost from old HDD

PWilk
New Contributor

Hello Ken,

I have just installed SSDSC2BW180A401 in my HP 8440p and have AHCI enabled.

I can ghost the HDD to SSD under the "DOS" but W7 will not recognize it in order to boot from it.

SSD has DC32 firmware on it. Are there any updates on this common issue?

Regards,

Piotr

5 REPLIES 5

KenF_Intel
Contributor

Hi PW.

Your issue doesn't appear to be the same as the issue reported by the other posters to this thread.

I will start a new thread for your issue.

KenF_Intel
Contributor

Hi PW,

We hear this report occasionally in our contact center. What we usually find is that there is something unusual about the arrangement of the drive partitions and the cloning software does not actually clone the drive properly. We have heard this report on Ghost and event the Intel(r) Data Migration Software supplied with our SSD's.

If you have not tried our Intel Data Migration Software (IDMS), then you should try that. It is available for download here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Solid-State+Drives+and+Cac... Download Center

You can try it in the normal clone mode or try the Create Bootable Rescue Media option in the software.

If IDMS does not work then you might try one of these other (free) disk cloning tools:

Note: Intel supplies these links as a courtesy to our customers and does not endorse these tools or links over any other options. The customer assumes full responsibility for proper use of these tools.

Hi Ken,

I tried to install Windows 7 from scratch and installer would not find the SSD.

I have tried that on new 120GB 530 series and had no luck. I haven;t experienced any problem with ghost newer than v.10 so far.

I had one Corsair SATA 3 SSD and it works no problem in the laptop. What makes me confused a lot.

Regards,

Piotr

BKosz
New Contributor

Clean install of W7 is a good idea but sometimes proper storage driver is required during installation (at the very beginning of it). If the "Where do you want to install Windows?" window list no drive you could try to use "Load Driver" option. For this laptop I would probably try Intel RST driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23496&ProdId=2101&lang=eng&OSVersion... 12.9.0.100, 32-bit or 64-bit version depending on the version of operating system. The driver can be loaded from USB drive.