cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 530 Series in AHCI mode

PNovo1
New Contributor

I have installed 120 Gb 530 Series SSD into barebone system based on Celeron J1900 processor. But the system did not recognized it in AHCI mode, so I had to switch to IDE one to install Windows. My question is: is there any way to force my SSD to work in AHCI mode now, after Windows (8.1 SL) is installed?

6 REPLIES 6

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

rockit,

What you saying may be possible but please be aware that such procedure is not supported by Intel as it implies in making changes in the registry of Windows* itself. If you want to retry a clean installation, please before you do it, make sure you update the BIOS and check with your OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) if they have any driver updates.

PNovo1
New Contributor

Thank you for the reply. But in my case it's impossible to get any support from the device manufacturer I couldn't even find out what the model of ATA controller (and it's definitely is Intel's one - PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F21&SUBSYS_0F218086&REV_0E) is installed on motherboard.

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

rockit,

Please bear in mind that such procedure is not supported by Intel.

PNovo1
New Contributor

Yes, I understand it clearly. Thank you for the warning.

BTW, (if it's possible of course) can I learn which one of Intel controllers goes under Dev_ID I mentioned above?