Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PNovo1
New Contributor I

Intel 530 Series in AHCI mode

I have installed 120 Gb 530 Series SSD into barebone system based on Celeron J1900 processor. But the system did not recognized it in AHCI mode, so I had to switch to IDE one to install Windows. My question is: is there any way to force my SSD to work in AHCI mode now, after Windows (8.1 SL) is installed?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

rockit,

What you saying may be possible but please be aware that such procedure is not supported by Intel as it implies in making changes in the registry of Windows* itself. If you want to retry a clean installation, please before you do it, make sure you update the BIOS and check with your OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) if they have any driver updates.

PNovo1
New Contributor I

Thank you for the reply. But in my case it's impossible to get any support from the device manufacturer I couldn't even find out what the model of ATA controller (and it's definitely is Intel's one - PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F21&SUBSYS_0F218086&REV_0E) is installed on motherboard.

ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

rockit,

Please bear in mind that such procedure is not supported by Intel.

PNovo1
New Contributor I

Yes, I understand it clearly. Thank you for the warning.

BTW, (if it's possible of course) can I learn which one of Intel controllers goes under Dev_ID I mentioned above?

ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

rockit,

Unfortunately we don't have that information. If it is a motherboard, we recommend to contact the motherboard manufacturer,or check the specification.

Additionally, you can use the Intel Update Utility as it uses the ID to determine which driver to install in case it is an Intel(R) product.

PNovo1
New Contributor I

Thanks for the reply. I've already found out (and not from manufacturer) that the controller signed as 0F21 is "Atom processor E3800 Series SATA IDE Controller". To be true, it looks a little bit strange to me that people at Intel can't identify their own products by Dev_ID