cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 535 DevSleep Issue (Disappearing from BIOS with Windows 8 and 10) and no Support

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

This hard drive is meant as an upgrade for a system that suffers from the well-known DevSleep issue with the 535 series. The symptoms are very consistent:

1) From the system in an off state, powering on into any OS that is NOT Windows 10/8 shows the hard drive and it acts normal.

2) As soon as an attempt is made to install Windows 10 (which is what we require) the drive disappears from the BIOS/EFI. Changing BIOS SATA mode makes no difference in the behavior (tried in both an HP 15 and a Lenovo Flex 2), and both have up-to-date BIOS.

3) The drive does not show up in the BIOS again until the system is physically powered off and then on again.

More information on the issue can be found at:

and also

http://drivers.softpedia.com/blog/intel-fixes-devsleep-issue-for-its-530-and-535-solid-state-drive-s... Intel Fixes DevSleep Issue for Its 530 and 535 Solid-State Drive Series

Unfortunately, Intel has taken down the link so I cannot handle this myself. My drive is currently firmware version RG21 so attempting to run the firmware tool (from bootable ISO, since I can't install Windows) simply says: The firmware on this Intel SSD is up to date. So I can't do anything that way either. And I can't use any Windows based tools since I can't install Windows in the first place, and none of the tools work on a USB adapter. Basically, it's impossible to address no matter which way I approach it.

I attempted to receive warranty support (as the drive is well within its warranty period) and after all the trouble of filling in the details and submitting the request I get a page displaying:

System Unavailable

Intel Customer Support Service Request Management is unavailable. We are actively working to resolve the system issue.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience.

- Intel Customer Support Team

I have attempted all day long and I continue to get this message. Can someone please get me a link to something that can disable DevSleep? It would take minutes to fix this annoying issue if I could just get some help. Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

hcp_Jason,

We understand your frustration. We are going to do whatever is within our reach to assist you. Regarding Devsleep issue, please check this guide: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/solid-state-drives/000020919.html Enable/Disable DevSleep Only User Guide for Intel® SSD Firmware Update Tool - Page # 13Please, check your private message for additional support. If you still wish to have live attention, please let us know.Best regards,Aleki

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

It looks like Intel is wanting to keep the actual download link going through their official support (just a guess), so I've messaged you the link separately along with the instructions. Cheers!

EBurc
New Contributor

Thanks, Jason!

Those links totally helped and now the drive is being recognized properly!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Manw,

We are glad to know that the situation you were facing has been resolved after the you used the link. Should you have any further questions in the future, please, don't hesitate to contact us.Best regards,Aleki

RWine2
New Contributor

Hi all and Intel Support

Could someone please also provide me with the links and guide. I have tried everything including downloading the firmware update. I am encountering the exact same issue. Have spent the better part of 5 hours trying to resolve this to no avail and it would be great if the information provided alongside the fireware update download actually explained that contact needs to be made with Intel Support for the download and guide to correct this issue.

Thanks