Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JChro1
Beginner

Intel 535 Getting Fatal Error - Data Migration Software Install

When trying to install the Intel Data Migration Software I am getting a fatal error. OS = Win 10 32bit. I have tried it multiple times and get the same message. Any help? Trying to install software and drivers for intel solid state drive 535 series.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Johnny_Y_Intel
Employee

Hi, Chronicle:

Could you please provide more details about your system, inlcuding software & hardware? And also please attach screenshot of the error message, thanks!

idata
Community Manager

Chronicle,

We are trying to replicate this situation with Windows 10® 32bit, however is taking more time than expected.

As the previous user mentioned, could you please share with us your computer specs and screenshots of the error?

EHugh
Beginner

I have the same problem on a Dell E6420 with 2 GB of memory running Windows 10 32 bit trying to migrate to a 535 SSD. The operating system was recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. The drive is attached to USB port with a StarTech USB to Sata adapter. I tried running as administrator and turning off User Account Control Limits. I was also able to see the drive through the operating system and format it (not that I needed to do that). I have attached the error log zip file. I believe that the first time I tried to install the software, the drive was not attached and I got a warning about it. After the drive was attached, I received the fatal error message. I now get the fatal error message whether the drive is attached or not. I ended up moving the drives to another computer and cloning it from there. The migration software still gives the same error on my laptop running on the cloned SSD drive when attempting to install the software.

idata
Community Manager

Chronicle & This_Guy,

Unfortunately we need to inform that the Intel® Data Migration Software 3.0 will only support 64 Bit Windows* Operating systems.

For 32 Bit Operating Systems, we have the version 2.0, however this version does not come with support for Windows® 10 - 32 Bit.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25987/Intel-Data-Migration-Software?product=80098 Here is the link for Intel® Data Migration Software 2.0

idata
Community Manager

Chronicle,

We are investigation on this situation with our software department, we are running tests in order to properly address your request. We will keep you informed.
idata
Community Manager

This_Guy,

Thanks for reporting the situation as well. We are working in order to verify the error with the 32 bit version of the OS.

We hope to have some updates this week.
idata
Community Manager

Chronicle & This_Guy,

We will have some updates about this situation probably next week, so please expect an update anytime soon.

NC
idata
Community Manager

Hello everyone,

Just wondering if you have tried the software again, here is a link with the most updated version of https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19324/Intel-Data-Migration-Software Intel® Data Migration Software.

Please let us know if this one works fine.

NC
idata
Community Manager

Hello everyone,

We would like to know if the software provided in last post worked fine and if you still require any more assistance.

NC