cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 535 SSD long boot time Windows 10 (black screen with cursor)

IPetr8
New Contributor

Intel 535 SSD long boot time Windows 10 (black screen with cursor). MY VIDEO:

Howdy Everyone. Just picked up the Intel 535 120Gb SSD card. Installed it on my GIGABYTE GA-H97-D3H board and installed Windows 10 X64 without a problem. However, I am seeing a boot performance issue. This drive is taking about 19 seconds to boot, approximately 7 seconds longer than my Plextor M5S PX-128M5S.

Intel - Is this going to be fixed in a future firmware release? My Firmware: RG21

34 REPLIES 34

IPetr8
New Contributor

I install Windows 10 over and over again with the latest drivers. A positive result does not.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

sfuma,

Have you tried to install the SSD in a different computer and check if the same thing happens?We will be waiting for your response.NC

IPetr8
New Contributor

They have some major issues with the controller or firmware. I do not want experiment with your SSD. Tired. I never buy Intel SSD.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

sfuma,

We have not received this kind of situation before, so we are sure it is not a firmware or controller issue, we are trying to give you some options in order to test the drive and this because according to the motherboard's manufacturer (Gigabyte*) the drive is not listed as a compatible drive.Hope you could try previous recommendation, but we do understand as well it may not something you can have the time to test.NC

IPetr8
New Contributor

The response from Gigabyte:

-------------------------------------------------

Dear Igor,

Kindly confirm if the problem remains after the test procedure. If so, a further testing or examination to your motherboard is required. Please note that warranty and RMA (repair) issues are normally arranged by your supplier (where you purchased the product). The warranty terms are dependent on your sale of contract and are whatever your supplier sold you. Therefore, we suggest you to contact your purchase supplier to arrange further examination and isolate the problem for you.

Regards,

GIGABYTE