Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IPetr8
Beginner

Intel 535 SSD long boot time Windows 10 (black screen with cursor)

Intel 535 SSD long boot time Windows 10 (black screen with cursor). MY VIDEO:

Howdy Everyone. Just picked up the Intel 535 120Gb SSD card. Installed it on my GIGABYTE GA-H97-D3H board and installed Windows 10 X64 without a problem. However, I am seeing a boot performance issue. This drive is taking about 19 seconds to boot, approximately 7 seconds longer than my Plextor M5S PX-128M5S.

Intel - Is this going to be fixed in a future firmware release? My Firmware: RG21

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
34 Replies
idata
Community Manager

sfuma,

We understand you installed one of our SSDs but it seems is taking longer than expected and also it shows a black screen with the mouse cursor.

We would like you to check if the motherboard is using the latest BIOS update, if not you can go to this http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4962# bios website and download it. (We always suggest to contact the manufacturer before applying the update).

Now, after checking the list of tested SSDs, we found the Intel® SSD 535 is not listed, please check this http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/SSD/mb_ssd_support.pdf link, you may also want to check with the motherboard's manufacturer.

NC
IPetr8
Beginner

I have installed the latest version of the BIOS -F7.

idata
Community Manager

sfuma,

Thanks for replying back. Did the BIOS update make any difference at all?

Did you contact the motherboard manufacturer to ask for compatibility with our drive as well?

We will be waiting for your response.

NC
IPetr8
Beginner

After updating the BIOS performance remained low.

Posted by motherboard manufacturers about the problem with the SSD. Despite the fact that they have a list of INTEL 530, INTEL 535 specifications meet the requirements.

Most likely the problem devsleep : http://drivers.softpedia.com/blog/intel-fixes-devsleep-issue-for-its-530-and-535-solid-state-drive-s... Intel Fixes DevSleep Issue for Its 530 and 535 Solid-State Drive Series

idata
Community Manager

Sfuma,

Can you please check your private messages?

Thanks.

NC
IPetr8
Beginner

Hello! Thank you! I got your message. Reflash SSD is will not. Waiting for a response from GIGABYTE.

idata
Community Manager

sfuma,

Thanks for replying back. We will wait for your response from Gigabyte*, as soon as you have any reply from them please let us know.

NC
IPetr8
Beginner

I got a response from Gigabyte. For the fool keep me.

idata
Community Manager

Sfuma,

Thanks for providing the response from Gigabyte*, as you can see the SSD is not listed on their own tested list; however, we can recommend to try a fresh installation and make sure to have the latest drivers from the motherboard manufacturer. Please let us know.

NC
IPetr8
Beginner

I install Windows 10 over and over again with the latest drivers. A positive result does not.

idata
Community Manager

sfuma,

Have you tried to install the SSD in a different computer and check if the same thing happens?

NC
IPetr8
Beginner

They have some major issues with the controller or firmware. I do not want experiment with your SSD. Tired. I never buy Intel SSD.

idata
Community Manager

sfuma,

We have not received this kind of situation before, so we are sure it is not a firmware or controller issue, we are trying to give you some options in order to test the drive and this because according to the motherboard's manufacturer (Gigabyte*) the drive is not listed as a compatible drive.

Hope you could try previous recommendation, but we do understand as well it may not something you can have the time to test.

NC
IPetr8
Beginner

The response from Gigabyte:

-------------------------------------------------

Dear Igor,

Kindly confirm if the problem remains after the test procedure. If so, a further testing or examination to your motherboard is required. Please note that warranty and RMA (repair) issues are normally arranged by your supplier (where you purchased the product). The warranty terms are dependent on your sale of contract and are whatever your supplier sold you. Therefore, we suggest you to contact your purchase supplier to arrange further examination and isolate the problem for you.

Regards,

GIGABYTE

IPetr8
Beginner

Today a friend took the exact same fee. I built a test stand with a Solid State drive. The result is bad! Shame INTEL!

idata
Community Manager

sfuma,

We would like to help you further with this situation, could you please contact our support department in order to get further assistance on this?

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html# @16 Here is the contact information.

NC
idata
Community Manager

sfuma,

We would like to know if you were able to contact our support department and if you are already working with them.

NC
IPetr8
Beginner

I'm not in touch with Technical Support. I'm not speak English and I find it hard to explain the situation. Could you do write to support and explain the problem?

idata
Community Manager

sfuma,

From the link we sent to you, please follow the instruction on how to change the region:

Choose the icon at the bottom of this page see support options in other locations.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html# @16 Here is the link again.

NC
idata
Community Manager

sfuma,

We are following up and we would like to know if you were able to get in contact with the support team in your region, with the link that was provided before. Please let us know.

NC