cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 540 Series 1TB M.2 SSD Read errors

SS20
New Contributor

Dear All,

I am having a HP ZBook Studio workstation laptop, which came with 256 GB, Sandisk NVMe M.2 SSD. I have purchased an Intel 540 Series 1 TB M.2 SSDand connected to the second slot. everything is working fine, but i am having issues when i open VMWare image files which is stored in this disc. The entire disk is disappearing once the vmware started to read the files from this disk. I have two partitions both are disappearing. I need to turn off the system and turn on to get back my drives. The disc status in Intel Rapid Storage application is shown as below

I have run the Intel SSD tool, but it return a read error as below,

Kindly help, does the change in Physical sector will fix the issue ? it says 512.

6 REPLIES 6

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Sivajith,

Thanks for the information provided. Based on the SMART details, we are able to see that the SSD is in a good health. Read errors can be caused due to corrupted files in the Operating system. The troubleshooting suggested is to secure erase the SSD. Please check the following articles: -You can do it directly from Windows* Command Prompt as per article:http://knowledge.seagate.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/005929en How to Diskpart Erase/Clean a Drive Through the Command Prompt-You can use a 3rd party software as per article: https://www.easeus.com/partition-master/erase-or-wipe-ssd-windows-10.html How to Securely Erase or Wipe SSD in Windows 10NOTE: Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® of the content, products, or services offered there. We do not offer support for any third party tool mentioned here.Please let us know if the SSD stills disappearing after the secure erase. Regards,Junior M.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Sivajith,

We would like to know if you read our previous post. If you have any other questions, we'll be waiting for your response.Regards, Junior M.