cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 540 Series 1TB M.2 SSD Read errors

SS20
New Contributor

Dear All,

I am having a HP ZBook Studio workstation laptop, which came with 256 GB, Sandisk NVMe M.2 SSD. I have purchased an Intel 540 Series 1 TB M.2 SSDand connected to the second slot. everything is working fine, but i am having issues when i open VMWare image files which is stored in this disc. The entire disk is disappearing once the vmware started to read the files from this disk. I have two partitions both are disappearing. I need to turn off the system and turn on to get back my drives. The disc status in Intel Rapid Storage application is shown as below

I have run the Intel SSD tool, but it return a read error as below,

Kindly help, does the change in Physical sector will fix the issue ? it says 512.

6 REPLIES 6

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Sivajith,

Thanks for contacting our support community. We understand your concern regarding the Intel® SSD 540s Series. We would like to inform you that the Physical sector size cannot be modified in the Consumer SSDs Family, It can be modified only in the Data Center SSDs Family. In order to better the error message, could you please provide the SMART details of the Intel® SSD 540s Series:1-Open the Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox and select the faulty SSD.2- Click on "Export". This will generate a .csv file.3- Attach the file to your response when replying.We look forward to hearing back from you.Regards,Junior M.

SS20
New Contributor

Dear Junior,

Please find the attached. There are two partitions in this disk, attached the SMART details of both the drives.

below is the link to download the CSV file, as there is no option to attach any files in this reply forum .

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mt4_vtkyS1h6Chva_6XjM6b2aOrDHVID https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mt4_vtkyS1h6Chva_6XjM6b2aOrDHVID

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Sivajith,

We were trying to download the files but we were not able to do it. Please check the following screenshot so you will be able to attach the information requested while replying back: We look forward to hearing back from you.Regards,Junior M.

SS20
New Contributor

Dear Junior,

Got it, actually i used to reply outside the box as reply to the original post, in that there is no option to attach. Anyway find it now. Please find the attachment.