cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 540s Default Master Password

CHarr8
New Contributor

What is the Intel 540s default master password? Is it NULL? nothing or a specific password?

8 REPLIES 8

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

chrisharris,

1. and 2. I will say no, but I will research this further and update you with my findings.3. Unfortunately no. When the master password is blank, it simply means it is not currently enabled. So the only password that will have any bearing on your drive's encryption will be the user password.4. If you run the "hdparm -I /dev/sda" command, (sda being your device, change this as needed) you should see the output I believed you were looking at. This will let you know if the password is enabled. Best regards,Carlos A.

CHarr8
New Contributor

Have you found out whether the User password alone is enough to secure the drive with a blank Master password?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello chrisharris,

Yes, an User Password alone is enough to secure the drive, unless there was a preexisting (user added) Master Password in place.If the Master Password was disabled, or blank, at the time that the User Password was enabled on the drive, one cannot be added later and then used to override the security.Best regards,Carlos A.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello chrisharris,

We're following up on your thread since we have not heard back from you in a while. If you need further assistance, please let us know.Best regards,Carlos A.