cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kkent3
Beginner

Intel 600P Driver

Hello,

As an owner of 600P SSD, I would like to know if Intel will release an nvme driver for the drive in the future.

Thanks

0 Kudos
16 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello SpeedUnrivaled,

Thanks for posting in our forum.

We would like to inform you that we will share your concern with our engineering team, so they can take it into consideration for future plans, this since we have not been notified on any future plans to this point.

Any other question please let us know.

Regards,

NC
kkent3
Beginner

Thank you,

Could you report back once you have the info on the future plans?.

idata
Community Manager

Hello SpeedUnrivaled,

It may take a while to know this, but we will do our best to let you know over this thread about it.

Regards,

NC
bbun
Beginner

Is there any information new,please? Does Intel have the plan to release the drivers of 600P SSD?

idata
Community Manager

Hello bunwee,

At this time there are no plans to release a driver for the Intel® SSD 600p Series, we still don't have any news or information if this will be possible in a near future.

Regards,

NC
JTuzz
Beginner

What? No planned support/driver ever for this M.2 drive then?

I thought they were working on one for Q4 2016? I am waiting for an NVME driver for mine, the current toolbox has nothing for the intel 600p currently.

idata
Community Manager

Hello PharticusMaximus,

The standard NVMe "in-box" drivers that come with the operating system support the Intel® SSDs. We don't have a vendor-unique driver for these products. If you have a 6th Generation Intel® platform with Flexible IO support in the System BIOS, you can also use the Intel® RST driver.

- http://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/solid-state-drives/Intel_6_Series_PCIeNVMe_... Intel® Solid State Drive 6 Series for PCIe* with NVMe* Installation Guide

Best regards,

Carlos A.
JTuzz
Beginner

But I thought they said they were working on an intel NVME driver for soon? Intel RST driver, which one, can you link it?

idata
Community Manager

Hello PharticusMaximus,

The idea behind this series being supported by the inbox driver is to make it simpler to use and install. As far as an Intel NVMe* driver for the 600p is concerned, we are not able to confirm anything as of right now.

Keep in mind that the RST driver method does not apply for all platforms. You may need to check with your motherboard manufacturer to confirm compatibility.

- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26361/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-RAID-Driver Intel® RST RAID Driver version 15.2.0.1020

For the installation method, refer to the http://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/solid-state-drives/Intel_6_Series_PCIeNVMe_... installation guide, section 3.2 (Page 12).

Best regards,

Carlos A.

jchen208
Beginner

this is an user of Intel 600p from China, i also need the driver of this mode because when the disk couldnt be detected when I try to install the system version of win10,i am wondering for what you need the driver

Regards

A friend from China

idata
Community Manager

Hello WolfBerry,

Thanks for posting in our forum website. It is important for you to know that the SSD 600p uses the inbox driver from the operating system, in this case (Windows* 8.1 & Windows® 10) and for Windows* 7, there is a guide for you to be able to use the drive as bootable, you can check the guide http://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/solid-state-drives/Intel_6_Series_PCIeNVMe_... here.

Please let us know if you need more information.

Regards,

Nestor C
idata
Community Manager

Hi WolfBerry,

We'd like to know if you still have questions about this thread or if you were able to install the drive already.

Regards,

Nestor C
IIanM
Novice

很明显是你自己操作不当。还有,多练练英语,别再丢人现眼了。

jchen208
Beginner

Hi, I WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TALKING RATHER THAN DOG BARKING

IIanM
Novice

呵呵。懒得吐槽

idata
Community Manager

Hello WolfBerry,

Could you let us know if you require further assistance with this situation, or were you able to find the solution?

Regards,

Nestor C