cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 600p 512gb M.2 SSD Not recognized

TTony3
New Contributor

I purchased an Intel 600p M.2 NVMe 512gb drive to use on my Windows 7 64-bit build. The drive is not recognized outside of UEFI, and gives me the Windows repair option on every boot after Windows was installed on an Intel SSDSCKKW010X6 1TB M.2 drive. If the drive is installed, Windows will not start when the machine boots up, and I am unable to install Windows on the 600p NVMe drive. Also, I am unable to install the Microsoft NVMe driver because, since I cannot start the machine with the drive installed, the driver will not install since the hardware required is not present in Windows. This is a very frustrating problem. Any help is appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Tonyk11,

Before adding the Intel® SSD 600p Series to your build, you will need to run the Microsoft* Hotfix https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2990941 KB2990941. This KB will add native NVMe* support to your current installation.

Installing Windows® 8.1 and 10 on the Intel® SSD 600p Series is as simple as running the installation on a SATA drive. However since native NVMe* support in Windows* 7 wasn't added until later with that KB we mentioned, the installation process for this OS is quite a bit more complicated. We will release a public document with the detailed instructions in the near future.

Best regards,

Carlos A.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Tonyk11,

We're following up on your thread as we have not heard back from you in a while. Have your received our private message, or has your issue been resolved?Best regards,Carlos A.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Tonyk11,

We're updating your thread to inform you that our Windows* 7 Installation Guide for the Intel® SSD 600p/6000p Series has now been published.http://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/solid-state-drives/Intel_6_Series_PCIeNVMe_... Windows* Installation Guide for Intel® Solid State Drive 6 Series for PCIe* with NVMe*Please let us know if this resolves your issue, or if you have any questions about the steps provided in the installation guide.Best regards,Carlos A.