cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 600p - A failure may be imminent Event 52

KOtte
New Contributor

I have an AsRock Z270M Pro4 board with an Intel 600p 512G NVMe (SSDPEKKW512G7X1) It's a few days old.

In the event log, occasionally an event 52 is logged that says:

The driver has detected that device \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 has predicted that it will fail. Immediately back up your data and replace your hard disk drive. A failure may be imminent.

The Intel Solid-State Drive Toolbox shows the drive health at 100% and the estimated life remaining at 100%. The button to get the SMART details is greyed out but I can get the Drive Details. SMART is enabled in the BIOS. I'll attach the export from the home screen. I also can not use the Intel SSD Optimizer; the buttons are greyed out.

The event log shows this error 5 times since I installed Windows 10. I think it may occur on a cold start, but I'm not entirely sure.

I have the same SSD in another PC with a Z270 board from MSI, and have not received any errors in the event log about it.

Should I be worried?

Kiran

9 REPLIES 9

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Kiran_Otter,

Thanks for replying back with the results.We'd like to know if, besides this event log, is the SSD experiencing any other issues?Also, it is strange that the MSI* motherboard does not show this event warning and the AsRock* does. By any chance, have you checked with AsRock* about this situation? Especially with NVMe* drives.Regards,Nestor C

KOtte
New Contributor

No, I haven't experienced any problems with the SSD. AsRock does list the 600p as a compatible device. I have not asked them about the event logged. I imagine they would say to contact Intel since it's being identified as possibly failing.

I changed the BIOS on the MSI PC to from AHCI to the RST/RAID mode; now the 600p appears in the Intel SSD Toolbox. I still can't use the optimization option on either PC. I guess it's not supported on the 600p?

If I have time, I could try swapping the SSDs between PCs and see if the event 52 follows the SSD. Might be a couple days before I can do that.

Kiran

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Kiran_Otter,

Thanks for confirming the SSD has no problems and for checking with AsRock* as well.About the Intel® Solid-State Drive Toolbox, this is not compatible to run the optimizer for the 600p series.The test you mentioned is very important, please try to do the swap and let us know the outcome.Regards,Nestor C

KOtte
New Contributor

I swapped SSDs between PCs, and the AsRock PC still gets the event 52, so it's something to do with that board or the drivers. I'll ask AsRock and see what they say.

Kiran

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Kiran_Otter,

Thanks for testing the drives between PCs and confirming this is a situation only with the AsRock* motherboard.Please post here whenever they provide you with an explanation about it, as this will help some other users as well.Regards,Nestor C