cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 600p SSD Not Showing During Windows 10 Install

AMacd2
New Contributor

Hi,

I recently purchased a new laptop (ASUS G752vs) which has Windows 10 installed on the HDD. I bought and added the Intel 512GB 600p SSD to the machine.

I went into disk management and activated the drive and assigned it a letter. I now see the drive in "My PC".

Also if I run diskpart and run a list disk, the disk is there. So far so good.

However, when I launch the windows 10 installer from USB and go to select which drive I want to install windows 10 on, it only shows my HDD.

Is there something that I am currently missing? How do I get the new SSD to appear in the Windows 10 installer list?

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers

10 REPLIES 10

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I would try to re-format it first.

AMacd2
New Contributor

Hi, Thanks for the suggestion. I reformatted the drive and no luck. It still works fine within Windows (can move files to and from it) but it doesn't appear during the Windows 10 installer.

Also, I removed the HDD and ran with only my SSD and USB installer plugged in and the installer still couldn't find the SSD.

Anyone seen this issue?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Are you sure that the SSD is fully functional? I would see if it is recognized in another computer.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Hapablap,

We understand that you're looking to install Windows® 10 on your brand new Intel® SSD 600p Series. While the drive is being detected by the OS, the Windows* installer is not showing the drive.Windows® 10 offers native support for NVMe* SSDs, so there should be no extra steps needed for you to install this OS. However, we have received similar reports from customers working with similar models to yours.In the majority of these cases, the issue is resolved by updating to the latest BIOS. Others have better luck after disabling the Fast Boot feature from their BIOS until after Windows* has been installed.- https://www.asus.com/us/Notebooks/ROG-G752VS/HelpDesk_Download/ ASUS* ROG G752VS Downloads.NOTE: Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® of the content, products, or services offered there.We hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need further assistance.Best regards,Carlos A.