cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 600p SSD Not Showing During Windows 10 Install

AMacd2
New Contributor

Hi,

I recently purchased a new laptop (ASUS G752vs) which has Windows 10 installed on the HDD. I bought and added the Intel 512GB 600p SSD to the machine.

I went into disk management and activated the drive and assigned it a letter. I now see the drive in "My PC".

Also if I run diskpart and run a list disk, the disk is there. So far so good.

However, when I launch the windows 10 installer from USB and go to select which drive I want to install windows 10 on, it only shows my HDD.

Is there something that I am currently missing? How do I get the new SSD to appear in the Windows 10 installer list?

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers

10 REPLIES 10

AMacd2
New Contributor

Hi ,thanks for the reply.

I unfortunately do not have another computer with an NVMe M2 PCIE slot to test out this drive. (though it appearing in My PC and being able to format it seems like it is working on some level).

As for the BIOS, I've double checked and I'm running version 306 which is the latest version.

Could there be an issue with the SSD itself? Any suggestions are very welcome.

Edit: Fast boot is also disabled

AMacd2
New Contributor

I noticed my BIOS shows the Intel Rapid Storage Technology as 14.8. Is this perhaps the issue?

I downloaded the 15.2 exe and ran it but the BIOS still shows 14.8. I think I'm missing a step to install the driver.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Hapablap,

From everything that you have reported, you should have no issues installing Windows on this SSD. However, we're aware that some systems do not allow for the OS to be installed on an M.2 drive. It's also possible that you may need to map your M.2 port for NVMe* boot.In order to confirm this information, we would like to urge you to contact your computer manufacturer support team, to get a more definitive answer on whether or not you will be able to install Windows* on this SSD. Please remember that hardware validation is the responsibility of your computer manufacturer.- http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/oems.html Computer Manufacturer Support Websites.As far as the RST driver goes. To install Windows* on your SSD using the Intel® RST driver, you will first need to make sure that the RST setting is enabled in your BIOS, and the RST driver is saved to your flash drive. Then, on the Windows* installation, once you get to the screen where you need to select where to install the OS, you should have the option to "Load Driver." Here you will simply need to browse to the locating where the driver is saved, after this, you should be able to select the 600p Series. But again, please check with your computer manufacturer. If there are limitations on where you can install the OS placed by your OEM, you will not be able to despite which method you use.Best regards,Carlos A.

AMacd2
New Contributor

Hi,

The last step that ended up working was switching the SATA mode to AHCI. Afterwards my SSD was noticed and I was able to install Windows 10 successfully.

Thanks for all the help!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Hapablap,

We're glad to hear that you have been able to resolve your issue.It's odd that your system wasn't set to AHCI by default. If you need any further assistance, please let us know.Best regards,Carlos A.