cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 600p SSD does the PC off and on automatically

AAdri5
New Contributor II

When I turn on my pc it kind off after 1 second before showing the BIOS POST screen, and after a further 3 seconds back off automatically and the PC works normally. This only happens with SSD installed on the PC. My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-B150M-D3H. What can be causing this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AAdri5
New Contributor II

Hi! Good news, the problem has been resolved with the BIOS update for the F20 version.

Regards,

Adriel

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

AAdri5
New Contributor II

Hi, I have news, the support from Gigabyte answered me!

According to them, this SSD is not compatible because it does not appear in the list of SSDs compatible with my motherboard (the list can be found here http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5491# M.2%20support%20list GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1151 - GA-B150M-D3H (rev. 1.0) ). However, they are fully compatible with the hardware, so I think that a BIOS update would only solve this problem when turning on the PC, since both work perfectly after they are turned on, they only show this strange behavior when turning on the PC.

Would it be possible for you, along with Gigabyte, to provide a BIOS or SSD firmware update for this problem to be resolved? If so, that would be very good, as it would show the quality and commitment of both companies!

I'll be waiting, and once again, thank you very much for the clarifications!

Regards,

Adriel

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Adrielpaugusto,

We were testing in our lab one of the 600p and it is basically doing the same behavior; It powers on and for a second or so, it turns off (CPU fan as well) and then it starts up normally.Our drive works just fine as well after that "weird" pre-boot step. We believe this is the way the motherboard will behave when adding hardware that has not been validated yet.As for BIOS update, Gigabyte* might come up with an updated version for this behavior, as for us, there is no firmware available yet. We can let you know that a new firmware will for sure be available for this drive in a near future.Let us know if you have any further questions about it.Regards,NC

AAdri5
New Contributor II

Hi!

Thanks for the clarifications!

I checked and realized that there is a BIOS update ( http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5491# bios http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5491# bios ), but it is still BETA, due to this I am afraid to update and cause some problem. Is it possible for you to take this test? I'll be very grateful.

Thank you!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Adrielpaugusto,

Our motherboard is the GA-B150M-DSH3 and we do have the latest BIOS installed on it; however, it keeps doing the same any time we power it on and actually this happens regardless the M.2 drive is connected or not, so we think it is just a normal post.You should not have any issues running the BETA version of the BIOS, we do suggest you contact the manufacturer before upgrading the BIOS.Regards,NC

AAdri5
New Contributor II

Hi!

All right then! I'll wait for some update, but I'm more relaxed about some more serious problem. Thank you for your support.

Regards,

Adriel