cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 600p not showing properly in bios

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I recently purchased an intel 600p 512 to use in my computer.

motherboard: GA-Z170XP-SLI

The bios has been flashed to the most recent version, but the bios only seems to recognize a device named SM2260 with ~1gb storage.

when I try to install windows or load windows on an existing drive, i get a bluescreen saying "Bad Pool Header"

I have tried removing all sata cables, removing the graphics card, changing between RAID and not, using UEFI and legacy, Enabling and disabling CSM, swapping between win8/10 support and not, and dozens of other options.

all i ever see under NVMe devices is SM2260, offboard pcie devices shows none.

I have ordered the Asus HYPER m.2x4 MINI in hope it is my motherboard slot, but am thinking it is the memory card. any advice?

thanks,

Brian

Full system specs

MOBO: Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI

CPU: I7 6700k

GPU: GTX 1060 6gb

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED 32GB (4x8gb) 3000MHz

HDD: Toshiba X300 5tb 7200rpm

PSU: Corsair CS500M

Cooler: Corsair H110i

EDIT: fixed specs

4 REPLIES 4

JTuzz
New Contributor

I am using the 600p as my boot drive for windows 10 pro.

I have the AsRock X99 i7 pro gaming motherboard. In my BIOS it does not show any drive under NVME section of "storage devices" but it does show our drive under boot device.

Still it seems strange to me its not listed there under NVME section and there are no options that I can modify for the drive in my BIOS.

I am thinking its because we have no NVME driver for this device?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello BrianGK,

We understand you are having issues, as your http://ark.intel.com/products/94924/Intel-SSD-600p-Series-512GB-M_2-80mm-PCIe-3_0-x4-3D1-TLC Intel® SSD 600p Series (512GB) is not being detected correctly by your motherboard.

As far as specifications are concerned, your motherboard should be more than capable of supporting this SSD, however given the circumstances, you may need to contact your motherboard manufacturer to confirm that this drive is supported. Additionally, you may need to check with them for their best BIOS settings to boot using NVMe* drives.

We do hope that using the m.2 mini card resolves the issue, however, we have not tested the 600p Series using this configuration yet.

PharticusMaximus: While this is a good assumption, storage drivers are not loaded by the BIOS, but rather at OS level. What you're experiencing is more closely related to how the slot is mapped for NVMe* storage by your motherboard.

Please let us know if your have any additional questions.

Best regards,

Carlos A.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

i spoke with gigabyte support and they recommended returning the drive for RMA, they believe it may be the drive.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello BrianGK,

I agree, placing an RMA on this drive would be the best thing to do.

Since we spoke last, I've had the chance to test the 600p on your motherboard, and it was both detected properly and we were able to install the OS (only had the chance to test it with Windows* 7 at the time). So it should definitely work for you as well.

If you're within the initial 30 days of purchase, you may contact your place of purchase for a replacement. If not, you may http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html contact our support team, where they would be more than glad to assist you.

Please let us know if there's anything else we may help you with.

Best regards,

Carlos A.