cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 600p1tb extremely slow writes after firmware update PSF121C

JStid
New Contributor

After updating to the latest firmware my write speeds are that of a normal HD.

70 REPLIES 70

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Zathyrio,

Thanks for reporting this situation as well, we'll keep you both informed about this.Regards,Nestor C

jlega2
New Contributor

I have the same issue with 600p 256GB - after this firmware update write speeds plummeted below 180MBs. Please fix this

ABung
New Contributor

Hello,

I just bought an Intel 600p and I have the same issue, the SSD is very slow with the latest firmware. I don't have the chance to make a test with the older one, I just hit update in Intel toolbox and restart the computer. Here are my results test with AS SDD and CrystalDiskMark5. Hope that this issue will be resolved with a newer firmware version.

ACher10
New Contributor II

Im in the same boat. One of my SSDs was working fine until I did the 121c firmware update. As soon as it finished, the write speeds TANKED. Thinking maybe its an issue with firmware flashing, I updated firmware on my second system, and same results. Went to the store (Microcenter) and got myself a brand new 600p. This one came with 121c firmware out of the box sadly. And guess what, same miserable write speeds.

Next, I kept "Enable Write caching on the device" checked but also selected 'Turn off Windows Write-Cache buffer flushing". To my surprise, the speeds improved to almost normal levels. So only way to have a decent 600p speeds on newest firmware is to Turn off the flashing, that is VERY not recommended and pretty dangerous. Intel REALLY needs to address this issue ASAP or give us option to give back to older firmware. Im sure a lot of folk like myself will be switching to Samsung drives if this doesnt get fixed.

Cache Flushing OFF:

Cache Flushing ON:

Cache Flushing ON(Normal Settings) BEFORE 121C update using 109C Firmware:

GNo
New Contributor

Thanks for the extra info: 1) the fact that a stock 121c drive has the exact same issues, and 2) the influence of Windows Write-Cache buffer flushing on the performance might indeed give some extra pointers to the engineering team. On (2), I don't know how this would affect other products, though. If someone has another type/brand of NVMe drive, we would have some more insight as to whether this is "normal" behavior.

I have also contacted the author of AS SSD Benchmark, but so far I have not received a response.