cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 660P 2TB M2 drive not showing up at all

emorimiku
New Contributor

About a year ago I built a new computer and as part of that I got a Intel 660p 2TB M2 drive from a friend. But after I put everything together I had difficulty getting the drive to work. I think I've only seen it in the BIOS menu once and even then I wasn't able to get it to work in windows. But after I saw it in the BIOS maybe twice the drive no longer appears and I haven't been able to figure out any solution to the problem. I was planning on just trying to get a replacement drive, but I'm uncomfortable with that without really knowing that the problem is the SSD or if I broke it somehow.

Any help is appreciated

5 REPLIES 5

emorimiku
New Contributor

Seems like the SDD isn't working. After I realized that I don't have some of the information to get a warranty replacment I ordered a new SSD (Samsung 970 EVO) and it arrived this morning. I installed it into my computer and when I opened Disk Manager I was given formatting options. Instead of formatting the drive immediately I tried one last time to get the Intel SSD to work by swapping the drives and not changing anything else with my setup. But after the swap I still couldn't find the drive in my BIOS or or Disk Manager.