cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 660P 2TB M2 drive not showing up at all

emorimiku
New Contributor

About a year ago I built a new computer and as part of that I got a Intel 660p 2TB M2 drive from a friend. But after I put everything together I had difficulty getting the drive to work. I think I've only seen it in the BIOS menu once and even then I wasn't able to get it to work in windows. But after I saw it in the BIOS maybe twice the drive no longer appears and I haven't been able to figure out any solution to the problem. I was planning on just trying to get a replacement drive, but I'm uncomfortable with that without really knowing that the problem is the SSD or if I broke it somehow.

Any help is appreciated

5 REPLIES 5

LeonWaksman
Contributor II

I haven't enough information about your system. In order to get better information about your system, please download the Intel System Support Utility (SSU). Run the SSU scan and save the results. The .txt file with the results please attach to your post. However, form the attached image it's looks to me that UEFI boot is disabled in your BIOS. The Intel 660P Series SSD is an NVMe drive. It's requirement for NVMe drive to have UEFI boot enabled and Windows installed accordingly.

Leon

I added the SSU text to my original post. After I made that file I changed my boot disk to GPT and I think I enabled UEFI on my BIOS (I disabled CSM Support). The Intel is still in my machine, but I'm still not seeing it represented either on the BIOS menus or in windows.

I am catching nothing odd in the SSU report. I would check to see if the drive is properly inserted in the M.2 connector. Be prepared: You may simply have a bad drive. 

...S

try removing the SSD and reinstalling it again just in case the connection has some foreign material that may be affecting the connector

make sure your BIOS is set for UEFI