cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 660P SSD 1 TB is not showing up as a usable drive on my system

CLeib
New Contributor

***This has been solved. It turns out that Driver Booster must have installed the wrong driver for my SSD, and the solution was to go to Storage Controllers in Device Manager, click my SSD, and use roll back driver. After doing this, it instantly became recognized as a usable hard drive again. Thank you for your help Al. This post can be closed.

Hello,

I successfully installed this SSD on my system a few months ago and had been able to use it without any issues (installed World of Warcraft and a few other games on it). Recently when I went to install a game onto the hard drive, I realized that the hard drive wasn't appearing and I can't access any games installed on it.

I checked both disk management and device manager, and it's not showing up as a hard drive on either of them. However, the system clearly recognizes it, because it shows up as a storage controller in device manager for some reason. I tried downloading the Intel SSD Toolbox, and the SSD does not show up there.

My SSD also shows up in the BIOS in the "Boot Override" section, so I know my BIOS recognizes it as a drive as well.

Motherboard: Gigabyte x470 Aorus Gaming

Processor: Ryzen 5 2600X

Internal HDD: Hitachi 1 TB

2 SSDs: 128 GB ADATA SSD (Has windows installed on it) and 128 GB Gigabyte SSD

M.2 SSD: Intel 660P (the SSD I'm having issues with)

Please let me know if any other information is needed. I attached a few screenshots to this post.

11 REPLIES 11

AlHill
Contributor II

I keep seeing so many problems related to these Gigabyte/Aorus boards.

Update your bios, and reset the bios defaults.

Doc

CLeib
New Contributor

Thanks, I'll try to update the BIOS. I've been avoiding it because it seems kinda complicated. Apparently, I have to download a few different versions and install them all in a certain order.

It looks to install F50, I need to install F40, and to install that I need to install F31, which requires me to download some other tool. Here is the site with instructions:

https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/X470-AORUS-ULTRA-GAMING-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

Can you tell me if I'm reading that correctly? I haven't updated my BIOS before and don't want to brick my system accidentally.

AlHill
Contributor II

Also, are you using RST?

Doc

CLeib
New Contributor

I'm not really sure what RST is, so I don't believe so.