cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 660p Driver - IaNVMe.sys - Causing frequent BSOD crashes

AZitr
New Contributor

I am facing daily BSOD's on a Latitude 5480, which always point to the SSD's driver. I've updated it through Intel's website, but the PC still crashes on a regular basis, still pointing to the same driver (ianvme.sys - NVMe Storport Miniport Driver - x64, Intel Corporation). This is shown through BlueScreenView and WhoCrashed.

Any advice? I'm a bit at wits-end at this point.

12 REPLIES 12

BrusC_Intel
Contributor III

Hello, AZitr.

For what you mentioned it certainly does not look like a compatibility problem, especially since it has worked fine for this long, but there is still the issue with the system crashing.

Regarding the NVMe driver, the only one we can provide is the one available on the Intel website (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29172/Client-NVMe-Microsoft-Windows-Drivers-for-Intel-SSDs), but something else may be causing it to crash if the tools you are using indicate this is the problem.

Reinstalling in case the problem is the OS or contacting the OEM in case they have other recommendations or reports about similar issues are the possible recommendations we can provide right now.

We can also check the status of the SSD using Intel SSD Toolbox just in case, you can run some tests and let me know the SMART report:

- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29205/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Toolbox?product=80096

Regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

Hi Bruce,

So far the SSD Toolbox is showing 100%. I used SDI (Snappy Driver Installer) to update a few drivers - let's see how that goes. If there are no more crashes in two-three days I hope that means that is resolved 🙂

BrusC_Intel
Contributor III

Hello, AZitr.

Thank you for letting me know.

I will keep the thread open in case someone else would like to participate or if you would like to post an update in a few days.

Regards,

Bruce C.

BrusC_Intel
Contributor III

Hello, AZitr.

I wanted to follow up on your thread to check if everything is working fine.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Thanks Bruce. I'd like to give it a few more days but since updating with SDI, so far so good. It found some drivers the Dell site hadn't that had updates, and since 2/10 I've had no BSOD's!