Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool

Intel 730 RAID 0 + Trim

idata
Employee

Hi,

So i know TRIM can be run on a raid 0 and it requires Windows 8.1 or Windows 10(Which i have) with a version of Intel RSTE (which i think i have a version that is required) but the Intel SSD Toolbox can't run TRIM on my RAID? Is there a reason as to why?

they are Intel 730 240GBDrives

Any help would be appreciated

0 Kudos
12 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Rehok,

The functionality on Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox to run TRIM in a RAID 0 configuration is supported, do you have screenshots of the error you are getting?

Also, could you please download and run https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility?product=91600 Intel® System Support Utility, then use the tool to create a full report, save the file and attach it to the thread using the Advanced Editor?

We will be waiting for your response.

Regards,

NC
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi NC,

I don't get any errors it just doesn't let me run the Optimizer and i can scan but it doesn't change anything

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Rehok,

Thanks for the information provided. First thing we would like you to try is to update the Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox in this https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26085/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Toolbox link.

Also, we noticed that you have the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology Enterprise, however, the Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox works with the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology, you can download it https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25165/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-RAID-Driver here.

Once you have done this please let us know if the situation persists.

Regards,

NC
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Just before i install RST, Will this wipe my current RAID?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Rehok,

We can let you know that by installing the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology, the RAID will not be wiped, however, you may not be able to monitor the SSDs like you normally do with the tool.

Please let us know if you have any more questions.

Regards,

NC
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

So i installed the RST and i still can't run the Optimizer?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Rehok,

Thank you for replying back and letting us know the same situation is still happening. From now on, we would like to research on this and check with our software department in order to properly address this situation.

We will keep you posted.

Regards,

NC
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Rehok,

There are a few things we would like to get from you.

First, could you share with us a screenshot of toolbox where the main information of the SSD is shown? (Including FW version)

Also, can you double check the version of Intel® Rapid Storage Technology installed? This because from the logs we have it does not match correctly. If you can also share a screenshot it will be better.

Let us know so we can keep researching on this.

Regards,

NC
0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Rehok,

Thank you for the screenshot. We will continue our research about this and we will keep you posted.

Regards,

NC
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Rehok,

We just got a confirmation that TRIM on RAID 0 setup is not supported under Windows® 10, just like it is not in Windows 8* and Windows Server 2012*.

We are working in our documentation so this can be updated as well.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Regards,

NC
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Rehok,

We are following up and we would like to know if you require any more assistance.

We will be waiting for your response.

Regards,

NC
0 Kudos