cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 750 1.2 TB U.2 not detected Asrock Fatality Z170 ITX

DChen60
New Contributor

Hey I recently got my hands on the Intel 750 Series 1.2TB NVME U.2 drive. I'm really excited to use it, but I can't seem to get my BIOS to detect it. I've searched most of the support threads on here, and none of the suggestions have worked.

Here is my setup:

Intel i5 6600k

Asrock Z170 Fatality ITX/AC

Corsair 2x16gb

PNY GTX 1080

Silverstone SG600

Samsung EVO 850

I've checked the motherboard specs, and it says that the M.2 is NVME compatible and has 4 PCIE 3.0 Lanes. I'm using the Asus Hyperkit adaptor, and I've made sure to also plug in the extra Sata power connector on the mSAS to U.2. All the connections are tight and snug.

The motherboard is updated to the latest BIOS (P7.10). I also tried to use the Driver utility, and it did not detect the drive. Intel SSD data tool also yielded no results. Any suggestion is appreciated!

Thanks,

jdchen

6 REPLIES 6

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Jdchen,

We understand you have the SSD 750 U.2 drive but it is not detected.Now, since you mentioned that the Intel® Driver Utility did not find drivers, we would like you to please try https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26451/Intel-SSD-Data-Center-Family-for-NVMe-Drivers this driver and let us know if this work.The driver is the NVMe* driver you need to use this SSD properly. Let us know if it works.Regards,Nestor C

DChen60
New Contributor

Hi, sorry for the misunderstanding. I've already tried to install the "Intel SSD Data Center Family for NVMe Drivers", as mentioned in many of the other threads that I googled. The installation fails with the message: "The setup program ended prematurely because of the following error: Device not detected".

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Jdchen,

Thanks for responding. Based on the whole description and understanding that the drive is not even detected in BIOS, we found the following information from Asus's* website:-The motherboard requires the latest BIOS with enabling the [Hyper Kit] option under BIOS\Advanced Mode\PCH Storage for ASUS Hyper Kit. Please refer to each motherboard product download page for details.Checking the http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Manual/Fatal1ty%20Z170%20Gaming-ITXac.pdf manual for your computer, on page 59 you will see the settings for advanced mode.Another thing to mention is that, even though the adapter is compatible with Z170 chipsets, it is an Asus* branded, so it may work with your system, but we do suggest to you to contact ASRock* to make sure it is fully compatible or if they can provide another adapter.We will be waiting for your response.Regards,Nestor C

I solved the issue, so I'm posting my solution just in case someone might be in a similar situation.

As you mentioned, the Asus Hyperkit did not work with Asrock's Ultra M.2 slot. I purchased an Asus Z270i and tested it again. The drive finally showed up in the BIOS after enabling Hyperkit Mode. The drive was not detected unless I enabled Hyperkit mode.

Thanks again for all the help!