cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 750 1.2 TB U.2 not detected Asrock Fatality Z170 ITX

DChen60
New Contributor

Hey I recently got my hands on the Intel 750 Series 1.2TB NVME U.2 drive. I'm really excited to use it, but I can't seem to get my BIOS to detect it. I've searched most of the support threads on here, and none of the suggestions have worked.

Here is my setup:

Intel i5 6600k

Asrock Z170 Fatality ITX/AC

Corsair 2x16gb

PNY GTX 1080

Silverstone SG600

Samsung EVO 850

I've checked the motherboard specs, and it says that the M.2 is NVME compatible and has 4 PCIE 3.0 Lanes. I'm using the Asus Hyperkit adaptor, and I've made sure to also plug in the extra Sata power connector on the mSAS to U.2. All the connections are tight and snug.

The motherboard is updated to the latest BIOS (P7.10). I also tried to use the Driver utility, and it did not detect the drive. Intel SSD data tool also yielded no results. Any suggestion is appreciated!

Thanks,

jdchen

6 REPLIES 6

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Jdchen,

We are so glad to hear your issue was resolved with some of the recommendations we provided and we thank you for providing your inputs about the resolution of this case. This will definitely help some other users to find it as a possible solution.Regards,Nestor C

FlavorCountry
New Contributor

I had a similar problem with my Asus Maximus VIII Extreme mobo unable to detect my Intel 750 u.2 ssd. I'm posting my solution here because this thread is the closest to on point that I've found, despite the different mobo. Hopefully it helps someone avoid the embarrassing amount of time I've spent troubleshooting this.

After trying literally everything else in the universe, I purchased a U.2 to PCIe adapter (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072JK2XLC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) with the plan of trying the ssd on another PC to salvage the files. Before doing so, I gave it a try on my main PC, and the drive showed right up in BIOS. I was able to boot to it and everything.

I'm not sure, but I think now that the drive is recognized I should be able to fix the problem for real by installing Intel's NVMe drivers: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072JK2XLC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hope this helps someone!