cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 750 400GB PCI-E w/3.1 NVMe Driver Issue

bdcintel
New Contributor

I have the Intel 750 400GB PCI-E NVMe drive in a Asus z170 board running Windows 10. In the past, I've upgraded from the 1.8 to the 3.0 NVMe driver (and all previous driver versions) without issue for the past 2 years.

Starting with the 3.1 driver, I have been having issues updating. If I install the driver from Device Manager, the system reboots and Windows will fail to load. Windows attempts a repair but fails. The only option is to reinstall the OS.

If I attempt to do a clean install and "load driver" and select the 3.1 driver, the OS will not install, I just receive a generic error that it cannot proceed when loading that driver. I have to use the 3.0 driver.

The 750 400GB PCI-E drives are listed as compatible with the 3.1 driver, what is going on?

18 REPLIES 18

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello maddin243,

Thanks for reporting this situation as well. Our team is researching about this situation and as soon as we have updates we will notify everyone here.Regards,Nestor C

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello BDCIntel & maddin243,

Our specialized team is looking into this situation you reported and the recommendation at the moment is to stay in the previous version of the driver.As soon as we have an update or resolution, we'll be posting it here.Regards,Nestor C

I will stay on 3.0 for now.

Has the team been able to reproduce the error?

Thank you for the update.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello BDCIntel,

At the moment we don't have updates about the reproduction of this error. We will provide the updates by next week.Regards,Nestor C

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello BDCIntel & maddin243,

We have been testing this situation and we have some steps for you to try:1. Bios mode is set to UEFI.2. Prepare a USB bootable key with Windows® 10 Rs1 image for the installation process.3. Start Installing windows on SSD 750 drive (Here no need to select any driver just proceed with inbox driver).4. After installation completed boot to SSD 750 Windows* drive.5. From device manager (or with installer as well) update the driver to NSG driver 1.8.0.10116. OS boots successfully after a restart. Now update the driver from 1.8 to 3.0.0.10137. OS boots successfully after a restart. Now update the driver from 3.0 to 3.1.0.1009.8. No issues are seen while updating the driver to different versions and OS booted successfully every time.Please confirm if these steps are also working for you and if not, please share your results.Regards,Nestor C