cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 750 400GB PCI-E w/3.1 NVMe Driver Issue

bdcintel
New Contributor

I have the Intel 750 400GB PCI-E NVMe drive in a Asus z170 board running Windows 10. In the past, I've upgraded from the 1.8 to the 3.0 NVMe driver (and all previous driver versions) without issue for the past 2 years.

Starting with the 3.1 driver, I have been having issues updating. If I install the driver from Device Manager, the system reboots and Windows will fail to load. Windows attempts a repair but fails. The only option is to reinstall the OS.

If I attempt to do a clean install and "load driver" and select the 3.1 driver, the OS will not install, I just receive a generic error that it cannot proceed when loading that driver. I have to use the 3.0 driver.

The 750 400GB PCI-E drives are listed as compatible with the 3.1 driver, what is going on?

18 REPLIES 18

I have tested it with Windows 10 1607. The v3.1 driver runs without problems.

Maybe the Asus Support can help you.

OK. I'd like to try the driver again after upgrading my motherboard firmware, but am afraid of being left with an non-bootable system again.

Is there a way to uninstall the drivers via cmd prompt and repair the system? I have looked and not had any luck. The pnputil works to remove the old driver but it does not fix the non-booting device by reinstalling the 3.0 driver.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi BDCIntel,

Please let us know if it worked for you as well. We have sent the feedback to our proper team, but we would like to know about your progress as well.

For uninstalling and reinstalling drivers from the command prompt, we have found a couple of links that may help you, in case you have not seen those:

- https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/devtest/pnputil-command-syntax PnPUtil Command Syntax | Microsoft Docs

- http://www.caldigit.com/KB/index.asp?KBID=165&viewlocale=1 CalDigit FAQ

NOTE: Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® of the content, products, or services offered there.

Regards,Nestor C

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello BDCIntel,

We would like to know if you were able to follow the previous instructions and if you require further assistance. We'll be waiting for your response.Regards,Nestor C