cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 750 BSOD issue

LLu5
New Contributor II

I bought a 750 drive this Monday. It is used as a secondary drive for gaming. Until yesterday night, all went well. But I suffered two BSOD during the game yesterday. The second one, even could not be recovered. Everytime, I reboot the system, BSOD ocurred during the booting, even the safe mode could not help. Eventually, I disable the card using mainboard PCIe switch, then the system could boot. After that, I switched on again, this time, the system could boot. And I don't have the further test, because it was late.

My specs

Asus R4BE

CPU4930K

ssd 750 400G

16G Mem

two HD7970 CF

Operating system win8.1

750 Drive version, 1.10xxxx, I dont remember the detail ver. but it was not the newest one, which I found on your website released on 1st Jun.

6 REPLIES 6

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

Hello louisly,

It may be that your motherboard is not compatible with the Intel® SSD 750 Series. Please check this link for further information: http://www.intel.com/support/ssdc/hpssd/ssd-750/sb/CS-035484.htm Intel® SSD 750 Series — Tested Motherboards

LLu5
New Contributor II

...That's not a good answer, even not an answer at all, because

Quote from your link,

"Intel® SSD 750 Series have been tested with selected motherboards. The focus of the testing is to make sure the operating system installs, and is fully functional as a boot volume."

As I mentioned in the beginning, I use the drive as a secondary drive. My system is installed at another drive.

"Successful test results provide a guide for a successful system build. Successful results do not guarantee compatibility with other hardware."

As your document addressed that even with your tested boards, they do not guarantee compatibility, only guarantee for a boot volume. My problem here has no relationship with the boot issue, so the article means nothing to me.

LLu5
New Contributor II

Just a update, I'm currently running the drive with the latest driver ver. 1.20xxxx. And I dont have any problem so far after updated the driver, but I will keep this thread updated if I encounter any issue...

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

Hello louisy,

We are glad to know that it is working properly after you updated the drivers. We are sorry for the misunderstanding.

Intel recommends that in cases like this one, just make sure you're using the latest Intel(R) drivers. Let us know if you need anything regarding your Intel® SSD 750 Series.