cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 750 Nvme pci-e ssd wont boot after backup Sata hdd installation

FLapo
New Contributor

I have this same problem two or three times before...i have a Intel 750 400gb NVMe ssd pci-e hdd for boot drive on Windows 10 and a back up sata drive 2 TB. Yesterday, i just changed my 2 Tb sata drive for a 4 tb. After this very simple installation, i see '' Reboot ans select proper device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key.

My motherboard is a MSI Gaming 5 Z97. When i a change a HDD for back up, i always have this same problem. The NVME Pci-E 750 drive is recognize in Bios and i select this drive to boot first on BBS drive priority. I tried many solutions, search on google, on this forum but i didnt find solution. Why this problem when i change a back up Sata drive with the 750 NVME PCi-E drive ? it's really annoying to make a fresh Win 10 install just to change a back up drive!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi coloc77,

Thank you for contacting our support community. We understand your situation regarding the drives. It seems that the Windows* installer is creating a system partition on the second drive and that is why the system crashes after you unplug the secondary drive. We recommend you to install Windows* without any backup drive connected to the motherboard in order to avoid this situation. Regards, Junior M.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi coloc77,

Thank you for contacting our support community. We understand your situation regarding the drives. It seems that the Windows* installer is creating a system partition on the second drive and that is why the system crashes after you unplug the secondary drive. We recommend you to install Windows* without any backup drive connected to the motherboard in order to avoid this situation. Regards, Junior M.

FLapo
New Contributor

I think you are right. I will follow your advice for the future. For now, I had formatted my backup hard drive so I found a software that solved my problem. EasyBCD by Neo smart Tecnologies. Bought for 20$ US dollars, not so expensive.

This software created a usb boot drive and repair the bootloader of my NVMe drive. It is very easy with this software. NVME PCI_E 750 400 gig drive is a very good product with very fast speed.

Thank you for your help!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi coloc77,

Thanks for the reply. We are glad to hear that your situation has been resolved. Please let us know if there is something else we can assist you with. Regards, Junior M.