cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 750 PCIe AIC not booting Windows 10

KElli4
New Contributor

Hello All

I have an Asus Z170 Deluxe motherboard with the latest BIOS installed.

I also have the Intel 750 AIC 400GB card.

I was able to install windows 10 onto the SSD without issue using a USB stick.

When the PC boots up I am able to get to the POST screen and there it will remain.

At that screen I am prompted to press "F1 to run setup" and when I do so I am able to get into the BIOS, wherein I can see the drive now listed as Windows Boot Manager (INTEL SSDPEDMW400G4)

It is listed as the first drive in the Boot Priority list. When I go into the "Boot Menu" I am able to click on the "Windows Boot Manager (INTEL SSDPEDMW400G4)" ssd and Windows 10 will boot to the desktop without issue.

I have install the latest drivers for each of the devices installed.

Anyone have any ideas? 

8 REPLIES 8

KElli4
New Contributor

My apologies for the late response.

This issue was never resolved. Again, the PC will not boot straight into windows at all. I have to log into the Asus BIOS where the Intel 750 SSD is seen, thereafter I have to select the drive from the BIOS menu to launch windows.

Extremely frustrating

KElli4
New Contributor

Just a bit more information

- Load setup defaults in BIOS and make sure to set it up correctly again

Setup defaults were loaded multiple times with the same results.

- Contact Asus* support in order to ask for proper BIOS settings or for the situation you are having as we know the SSD will boot fine, but only when you choose it from the BIOS.

I contacted Asus 5 times and they had no answer for the issue except to say an Asus engineer would contact me. This never happened.

I had hoped there were new drivers or firmware available to resolve the issue and the same problem persists.

KElli4
New Contributor

Issue solved!

In order to boot into Windows I had to press (F1) at the American Megatrends POST screen.

In the BIOS I simply disabled "F1 if Error"

Now the PC boots to windows without being stopped on the POST screen.

Thanks for all for your help.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

The RovingBum,

We are glad to hear the situation was fixed, it was really strange you couldn't boot normally. Great that you found that specific option in your motherboard.Have a nice day.NC