cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 750 PCIe SSD 1.2TB Slow Benchmarks on CrystalDiskMark??

TScha5
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Is anybody getting slow speeds with the Intel 750 SSD after updating to the Intel NVMe Drivers? I'm not positive that the speeds I'm getting are, in fact, slow but I have posted some pics below along with a comparison pic of a https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMSq8nmDTO0 video on YouTube by Asus and Intel where their speeds are much greater for some of the tests. I believe I set the test correctly. I set it to 3 (not sure what that is) and 8GB (not really sure what that is either but they say to do that in the video). Just looking for any input or ideas... And maybe I'm just being overly neurotic about the numbers matching exactly but in some cases their numbers are literally double what mine are, and I have the Intel NVMe drivers installed...soooooo....not sure what to do, or if there even is anything I can do at this point...????

PC Build:

CPU: i7-6700k Skylake

MoBo: GA-Z170X Gaming 7 Gigabyte Motherboard (BIOS: F6b)

RAM: 16GB G.Skill DDR4

Primary Drive: Intel 750 PCIe SSD 1.2TB (Intel Driver 1.3.0.1007 (Latest))

Secondary Drive: 8TB HGST UltraStar HDD 7200RPM

This was the test prior to installing Intel NVMe drivers.... (my apologies for the sideways pics....)

This is after installing Intel NVMe drivers......

HOWEVER, if you look at the benchmarks from thehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxpwmrmw6jI Intel 750 Interview by Intel and Asus on YouTube....at 20:15 their speeds are significantly higher for Seq, 4k, and 4kQ32T1.....

As you can see, their 4K Reads/Writes are double mine. And the "Seq" numbers are significantly greater as well.

I believe I have installed the proper Intel NVMe drivers but I took some pics just in case... from reading other posts here at the Intel Community Forum I realized I was initially looking in the wrong place b/c I was thinking I couldn't get the Intel drivers to install b/c I was looking at the disk drive details..like below...

So I looked at the Storage Controller in Device Manager...

So I guess my question is why am I getting such slow speeds if I've done everything I can to get this working right.....??????????? Any ideas..??

Thanks,

Tyson

19 REPLIES 19

TScha5
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

So I finally installed IOMeter and ran the tests (definitely not as easy as CrystalDiskMark btw...) but, ultimately, I am still getting what appears to be rather low benchmarks for the Intel 750, though I just couldn't say why at this point. I feel like I've done everything I can to make it run right: latest BIOS, Intel NVMe driver, Intel SSD Toolbox, it's in the right slot PCIe x4 gen 3.0, etc... is there something else that I'm not thinking of anyone...? I just find it hard to believe that with the newest CPU on the market I'm getting lower numbers than expected.

My results from IOmeter are:

128K sequential Writes

MiBps (Binary)1080.877421

(I guess this is close enough to 1200 so not too concerned with this one...)

4K Random Writes

Write IOps120952.5005

(This is less than half what it should be..... 290,000...????)

4K Random Reads

Read IOps359170.6106

(Not 440,000......)

128K Seq Reads (I think I messed something up at this point b/c this is all it spit out...)

Test TypeTest Description0Version1.1.0Time Stamp2015-11-12 05:03:35:357Access specificationsAccess specification namedefault assignment128k sequential read0size% of size% reads% randomdelayburstalignreply131072100100001131072<td data-sheets-value="[null,3,null,0]" style="padding-right...

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello Tyson,

When setting the random tests, please make sure to set the different workers (data threads) as mentioned in the http://download.intel.com/support/ssdc/hpssd/ssd-750/sb/intel_ssd_750_series_evaluation_guide_332075... Intel® SSD 750 Series Evaluation Guide. If you use a single worker, the CPU will not be able to keep up with the drive and the test result will be lower. This is similar to the 4K Q32T1 vs. 4K Q32T8 value from CrystalDiskMark in the advertisement video.

- If you would like, we can take a look at the SSD logs, they can be obtained with https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/18455/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Toolbox Intel® SSD Toolbox, by selecting the drive and clicking the "Export" button.

- Please confirm that the test is configured as shown in the evaluation guide and upload the complete file from the test results for further analysis.

TScha5
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

I don't see any way to attach .CSV files to these threads so I'm just copy/pasting...hopefully that's enough...

128K Seq Writes

Test TypeTest Description0Version<td...

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I'm also in this same problem of slow speeds even slower then a SATA 3 SSD

I'm very interested if someone from Intel can explain

3096Current PCIe Link Speed0x33097Negotiated PCIe Link Width0x4

I at first had Negotiated at 0x2 but after I looked at how many lanes my moatherboard can support with the amount of drives I had I had to move some drives from one port to another and now ended with the same as Tyson on this side.

Can anyone comment on possible reasons for the Current PCIe Link Speed only being 3 instead of 4

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello Tyson,

There was some information from your tests that we were not able to confirm since the file was incomplete, however, I would like to provide you with additional recommendations that have worked for other users before performing any further testing.

- Make backup of any important data you may have (as preparation for further troubleshooting).

- Connect your Intel SSD to the PCI Express 3.0 x16 slot, running at x4 (PCIEX4).

If the issue persists, try the following:

1. Reset the PC BIOS back to factory default values.

2. Contact http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5481# dl Gigabyte Support and obtain the most recent BIOS for your Motherboard, also to confirm their recommendations about BIOS configuration for NVME* drives.

3. Configure your Motherboard again for use with your Intel® SSD 750 Series and other PC components.

Try the test again. If the results are not satisfactory, you can attach the files to your reply by using the Advanced Editor, then clicking on the "Attach" function that will be available at the bottom of the reply box.