cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 750 PCIe SSD & Windows 10 Native Driver

BFlan
New Contributor

I installed an Intel 750 PCIe SSD 1.2TB in a new Windows 10 workstation. I did a clean install from a UEFI boot. The installation went relatively smoothly and the drive appears to be working fine. My question is, for best performance should I install the Intel NVMe driver or should I continue to use the native Windows 10 driver? I noticed that a few things in the SSD Toolbox (Drive Details, SMART Details, SSD Optimize) are greyed and not functional. Will the Intel NVMe driver enable these functions?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello BillDF,

The Intel® SSD 750 Series can work with the native driver in Microsoft Windows® 10, however, as you suggested, we strongly recommend to use the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23929/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Data-Center-Family-for-NVMe-... Intel® Solid-State Drive Data Center Family for NVMe Drivers, current version is 1.3.0.1007. The Intel driver improves the performance and functionality of the drive.

Also, we advise you to make sure you have the most recent version ofhttps://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/18455/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Toolbox Intel® Solid-State Drive Toolbox, currently 3.3.2, this will allow you to update firmware, monitor and manage your drive.

If you notice any issues or disabled features after installing the recommended tools and updating the firmware, feel free to let us know and we will be glad to help.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

CCame2
New Contributor

Hey Jon, I updated the drivers using the link you provided. My computer said update successful and rebooted. Once back in windows I went to check the driver version (Device Manager > Disk drives > NVMe INTEL SSDPEDMW40 > Properties > Driver) which reads "10.0.10586.0". How do I fix this and complete my driver update? Thank you.

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello,

Once the driver is installed, the Disk device shown will be generic storage. The actual driver for the Intel® SSD 750 Series is shown in Device Manager - Storage Controllers, it should say "Intel(R) Solid-State Drive P3700/P3600/P3500/750 Series".