cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 750 SSD 1.2TB PCI-E firmware upgrade

CKu3
New Contributor

I'm trying to upgrade my 750 ssd from firmware version 8EV10174 to 8EV101H0 but I did everything I know including using isdct(v3.0.7) , Intel SSD Toolbox(v3.4.7) even Firmware Update Tool(issdfut_2.2.3.iso) but all failed

The following shows isdct logs

C:\isdct>isdct show -intelssd

- Intel SSD 750 Series CVCQ514500XF1P2BGN -

Bootloader : 8B1B0131

DevicePath : \\\\.\\PHYSICALDRIVE0

DeviceStatus : Healthy

Firmware : 8EV10174

FirmwareUpdateAvailable : Please contact your Intel representative about firmware update for this drive.

Index : 0

ModelNumber : INTEL SSDPEDMW012T4P

ProductFamily : Intel SSD 750 Series

SerialNumber : CVCQ514500XF1P2BGN

C:\isdct>isdct load -intelssd 0

WARNING! You have selected to update the drives firmware!

Proceed with the update? (Y|N): y

Updating firmware...

- Intel SSD 750 Series CVCQ514500XF1P2BGN -

Status : Please contact your Intel representative about firmware update for this drive.

C:\isdct>isdct version

- Version Information -

Name: Intel(R) Data Center Tool

Version: 3.0.7

Description: Interact and configure Intel SSDs.

Toolbox shows the same thing : Please contact your Intel representative...

I also build a linux booter of issdfut_2.2.3.iso and boot successfully but got a meesage

Model Number : Intel SSD 750 Serires 1200GB

Serial Number : CVCQ5xxxxxxxxxx

Firmware 8EV10174

The firmware on this intel SSD is up to date.

but firmware version in issdfut_2.2.3.iso should be 8EV101H0

Motherboard : ASUS Z10PE-D16 WS

Could anyone help me on this?

thanks

7 REPLIES 7

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello clode,

We understand you would like to upgrade the firmware on your Intel® SSD 750 Series, but it is not letting using our tools.First of all, the Intel® Data Center Tool does not contain the latest version of the firmware, so in this case, you may need to use the other two tools that you have been trying.Can you please confirm if you installed the NVMe* driver for the SSD? (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27033/NVMe-Drivers-for-Intel-SSDs Download link)After the driver, the Intel® Solid-State Drive Toolbox should be able to install the latest firmware version on your drive.In case this does not work, could you please share screenshots of the Intel® Solid-State Drive Toolbox and Firmware update tool?Regards,Nestor C

CKu3
New Contributor

I am very sure I installed latest NVMe Driver 3.1.0.1009

the following are screeshots. FYI

thanks for help.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi clode,

In this case, we do suggest to you to try https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26167/NVMe-Drivers-for-Intel-SSDs this older version of the NVMe* driver. After that please try the Intel® Solid-State Drive Toolbox or Firmware update tool and let us know.If possible, could you share a screenshot of the drive's label? (Just hide the serial number and ISN).Regards,Nestor C

CKu3
New Contributor

It's still not working after installing NVMe Driver v1.7.0.1002 (driver version is confirmed on Intel SSD Toolbox System Information page)

And I tried SSD Toolbox and Firmware Update Tool, all messages on above screenshots are not changed.

Is there anything else I could try?