cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 750 SSD Slow Sequential Write Problem

MKeat
New Contributor II

I have a Intel 750 400GB Pcie SSD installed

The Sequential Write Speed seems to be about 50% of what it should be when I run AS SSD Benchmark.

The SSD is my Windows 10 OS Drive.

No idea why this is so - any thoughts welcomed

Mick

13 REPLIES 13

MKeat
New Contributor II

Hi Jonathan_Intel

Some more information

The image below is from http://www.thessdreview.com/our-reviews/intel-750-pcie-ssd-review-400gb/3/ Intel 750 PCIe SSD Review (400GB) | The SSD Review where a Intel 750 SSD was tested using AS SSD (same version as I used)

The results between my use of AS SSD on my Intel 750 are roughly similar to those below except for sequential writes

MKeat
New Contributor II

All

Sorry - pushed [enter] too fast.

I understand that my testing using AS SSD would be somewhat different from the "official" test results by Intel as per the link within your response.

However, I am puzzled why my results are reasonably similar to the testing done by SSD Review Site and Intel except for Sequential Writes where the difference in results is not of the order of 10 - 20% but is around 50%.

I am after advice as to what could be possibly causing this difference

Regards

Michael

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello mick354029,

I cannot refer to the test results using AS SSD since that is not a tool we use for benchmarking, however, I advise you to test the performance using Iometer and the parameters mentioned in the document I provided before.

For further assistance, please export and save the SSD log from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/18455/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Toolbox Intel® SSD Toolbox and we will be glad to review it.

Also, let us know the exact model of your motherboard and the BIOS version currently used.

MKeat
New Contributor II

Hi Jonathan_Intel

Thanks for your response.

I have looked at page 13 of the document of the link re Intel 750 SSD Performance Testing.

I'll use IO Meter to test my SSD tonite when I get home from work, however are you please able to also answer a couple of questions as I have never used IO Meter previously:-

• The Intel 750 SSD Performance Document refers to erasing and then pre- filling the SSD. As this is my Windows 10 OS Drive, I won't be doing this (assume this is OK?)
  • As a consequence of point 1 above, are there any changes required to any of the settings from Page 13 of the Document (for example, to ensure that the 8GB writes / reads use empty SSD Space and do not overwrite any existing SSD OS or Data)

Apologies if my questions are basic but want to be certain

Regards

Michael

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello mick354029,

Since this is your Boot drive and it is already in use, you do not need to prefill the SSD, however, you might want to perform a shorter test, not the full 20 minutes test.