cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 750 SSD Slow Sequential Write Problem

MKeat
New Contributor II

I have a Intel 750 400GB Pcie SSD installed

The Sequential Write Speed seems to be about 50% of what it should be when I run AS SSD Benchmark.

The SSD is my Windows 10 OS Drive.

No idea why this is so - any thoughts welcomed

Mick

13 REPLIES 13

MKeat
New Contributor II

Hi Jonathan_intel

Thanks - I was also after advice as to whether any of the instructions from p13 re IO Meter needed to change (eg. does the starting disk sector = 0 on a SSD that has not been pre-filled with data but is an existing OS & data SSD ?):-

1. Click the Disk Target tab.

2. Click on Worker

1. 3. Click on the target drive (in this case, the NVMe Intel drive).

4. Set Maximum Disk Size to 16777216 sectors.

5. Leave Starting Disk Sector at 0.

6. Set # of Outstanding I/Os to 32 per target

Regards

mick354029

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

You can use the same size and sector values recommended in the document, it shouldn't interfere with your existing data.

Please let us know once you are able to complete your testing.

MKeat
New Contributor II

Hi Jonathan_Intel

Tried to run IO Meter but got some Unexpected Kernel Trap Error....

So I ran ATTO Hard Disk analysis instead & got these results (128K Sequential Writes is around 1000 MB per Sec)

Which compares favourably with equivalent from SSD Review

So I think that the Intel 750 SSD I have is OK - must just be something with the AS SSD Tool

Regards

Michael

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello mick354029,

We are glad to know you were able to obtain performance results closer to the ones mentioned in the http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/product-specifications/ssd-750-spec.pdf Intel® SSD 750 Series Product Specification using a different tool. As you know from the Evaluation Guide, if the test parameters are not set according to the SSD specification, the results may not reflect the real performance you would get under normal operation.

The reason why Iometer did not work in your case, or why AS SSD did not show accurate results escapes the scope of this forum, however, it is good to know that other tools can be used for this purpose.