Intel 750 SSD not detected

JCast25
New Contributor

Hello I recently built a new system with the following specs:

Mother Board: Asus x99-deluxe

CPU: Intel I7-5930k

GPU: Nvidia Titan X

RAM: G.Skill 16gb DDR4 TridentZ

Hard Drive: WD Velociraptor (Main drive for booting)

SSD: Intel 750 400gb (secondary for storage)

When I first turned on the computer the only drive that was detected in the bios was the SSD and not the Hard drive. I turned off the computer took out the SSD, made sure the Hard drive was properly connected and turned my PC back on. Now the Hard drive was detected, and I proceeded to install Windows 8 and I then upgraded to windows 10. I then reconnected the SSD. Once I had Windows 10 I downloaded drivers for my hardware. The problem is that my SSD is not appearing in the bios. The only time it was in the bios was when there was no operating system installed. I also can't access it to store information. Although it is showing up in my device manager.

I downloaded the following driver:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23929/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Data-Center-Family-for-NVMe-... Download Intel® Solid-State Drive Data Center Family for NVMe Drivers

After I installed it and restarted my PC I still can't access it.

3 REPLIES 3

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Jon123,

We were checking on your configuration and we would like you to check in the BIOS if the CMS option is enabled. This because we did some tests and realized that if the CMS is disabled, the NVMe drive will not show up in BIOS.

The CMS option is under BOOT settings, could you please make sure it is enabled and let us know?

If the option shows enabled, then we can suggest to load the default settings of the BIOS and then check CMS.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Jon123,

We are wondering if you still require assistance or if you have any other question about this thread?

Thanks.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Jon123,

We have not heard from you, so we are wondering if there is anything we can do for you?

Thanks.