cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 750 SSD - will a clone copy of the 750 PCIe onto a SATA SSD be able to boot the system?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi,

I have been backing up my hard drive by making a 'clone copy' and setting it aside. I've tested those and you can literally plug them in (SATA, or via SATA-to-USB connector) and they boot the system, no different than the original.

Question....if I backed up a 750-series PCIe add-in card onto a regular SATA SSD (I would easily do it via a Apricorn SATA-to-USB connector), would I be able to boot the system with the regular SSD?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello PMM,

Booting from NVMe* drives require specific configuration, like NVMe* drivers, BIOS in uEFI mode and GPT partitions. This configuration may not be compatible once you try to boot from the SATA device, so we cannot guarantee that this would work.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello PMM,

Booting from NVMe* drives require specific configuration, like NVMe* drivers, BIOS in uEFI mode and GPT partitions. This configuration may not be compatible once you try to boot from the SATA device, so we cannot guarantee that this would work.