cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 750 Series PCIe NVMe 3.0 SSD boot trouble

MRoll5
New Contributor II

I too am have trouble with my 750 PCIe NVMe SSD, which I also use as my boot drive. Sometimes, my system won't post, and I have to go through the entire system of booting in UEFI on an USB drive, loading the drivers until it recognized my 750, and then I can try repairing the drive or restore the drive to an earlier point in time.

Earlier today when I got back to the house, my system and been on for a couple of hours, no one has touched it. but under My Computer is shows the 750 Drive, my C Drive with my OS installed, 100% full. It does this randomly, and usually I just need to open the Intel SSD Toolbox and run the Intel SSD Optimizer and it fixes all my problems.The drive itself is full of these files, --=={Intel_Trim_File_3}==--, which means the drive obviously isn't running TRIP the way it's supposed to, but I've setup a schedule for the Intel SSD Toolbox to run the SSD Optimizer every evening.

Again, in addition to these problems, the drive doesn't seem like it's running as fast as my Samsung 850 EVOs setup in RAID0. Not sure if one has something to do with another, maybe I missed installing a driver for the 750 PCIe SSD, or something, but I've been having issues recently as well.

5 REPLIES 5

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello rolldog,

We have branched your comment into a new discussion since the issue you describe is different from previous forums.

Please apply the following actions:

- Contact the http://www.intel.com/support/oems.htm Computer Manufacturer Support (or motherboard manufacturer) and make sure that you are using the most recent BIOS.

- Make sure you are using the most recent version of Intel® Solid-State Drive Data Center Family for PCIe Drivers:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23929/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Data-Center-Family-for-PCIe-... Intel® Download Center

If the issue persists, please let us know the following:

- PC make and model

- Operating System version

- Motherboard model

- BIOS version

- SSD model name and number

- SSD driver version

What type of PCI slot are you connecting the drive to? (x4, x8, PCIe version 2.0, 3.0, etc)

Was this working fine before?

Please run Intel® SSD toolbox and "export" the logs for this SSD, then post it on this thread.

MRoll5
New Contributor II

I have the drive plugged into a PCIex16 x 4 slot on my MB. Every once and a while, whenever my computer has been shut down, which isn't very often, once I'm booted into Windows it shows my drive being 100% full. If I try running the Intel SSD Optimizer, it stops working when it reaches 88% scanning the drive. I have to manually go into the drive, delete some of the TRIM files that are taking up my entire drive, which then gives me enough room to run the Intel SSD Optimizer without it crashing.

Here are the specs of my current system:

Asus X99 Deluxe BIOS 1702

Intel i7-5860X CPU

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

Intel 750 Series 400GB Firmware Version 8EV10135 (This drive is my C drive and holds my operating system)

2 x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB setup in RAID0

2 x Samsung 840 Pros 250GB

Samsung XP941 M.2 256GB SSD

The only drive I'm having problems with is my Intel boot drive.I ran the Intel SSD Toolbox, exported the log information, and have attached it to this post.

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello rolldog,

We are reviewing all the data you have provided. Please allow some time to perform additional research about this condition. We will provide further updates soon.

MRoll5
New Contributor II

You mentioned that you moved my thread to a more appropriate forum. Which one is it? I'm still having problems, which is the drive filling up and not having enough free space to run SSD optimizer.