cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 750 Series PCIe NVMe 3.0 SSD boot trouble

MRoll5
New Contributor II

I too am have trouble with my 750 PCIe NVMe SSD, which I also use as my boot drive. Sometimes, my system won't post, and I have to go through the entire system of booting in UEFI on an USB drive, loading the drivers until it recognized my 750, and then I can try repairing the drive or restore the drive to an earlier point in time.

Earlier today when I got back to the house, my system and been on for a couple of hours, no one has touched it. but under My Computer is shows the 750 Drive, my C Drive with my OS installed, 100% full. It does this randomly, and usually I just need to open the Intel SSD Toolbox and run the Intel SSD Optimizer and it fixes all my problems.The drive itself is full of these files, --=={Intel_Trim_File_3}==--, which means the drive obviously isn't running TRIP the way it's supposed to, but I've setup a schedule for the Intel SSD Toolbox to run the SSD Optimizer every evening.

Again, in addition to these problems, the drive doesn't seem like it's running as fast as my Samsung 850 EVOs setup in RAID0. Not sure if one has something to do with another, maybe I missed installing a driver for the 750 PCIe SSD, or something, but I've been having issues recently as well.

5 REPLIES 5

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Please let us know some additional details about configuration so we can get a better understanding of this condition:

Intel SSD® Toolbox version

what is the error message when Optimizer crashes?

As we understand, you are seeing this trim files using Windows* explorer, please confirm if this so.

Usually the SSD is filled up with Trim files while the Optimizer is running, so it may be good to double check if it is not running when the issue happens. Please double check the TRIM schedule, since it may be running before or at the time the PC starts running slow and the 750 drive fills up completely with TRIM files (you mentioned this happens about once a day).

Please let us know what was happening before/at the time PC started to run slow? Was they any specific activity like copying or deleting large files, virus scan, etc?

Please confirm for how long the Optimizer was working, and for how long did you wait after the full drive was populated with Intel_Trim_File_XX files.

Trim should work automatically without needing the Optimizer if you use Windows 7. When you run the Optimizer, it should delete all these Intel_Trim_File_XX files after it finishes.

For any further assistance, let us know this information.