cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 750 Series (white label)

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hey, i am just wondering if removing the white label on the side of the Intel 750 Series SSD will affect warranty/returns in anyway? The reason i want to remove the sticker is because it affects aesthetics in my rig.

3 REPLIES 3

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello Loxa,

The Limited Warranty for the http://www.intel.com/support/ssdc/hpssd/ssd-750/sb/CS-035542.htm Intel® Solid-State Drive 750 Series does NOT cover Any Product which has been modified or where the original identification markings (trademark or serial number) has been removed, altered or obliterated from the Product, or where the label or screw on the exterior of the Product is removed or broken.

Please confirm if you are referring to the identification label of the drive, or provide details (pictures) of the sticker you are referring to.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

The white label you can see on the side of the SSD.

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello Loxa,

The label in the SSD is required for warranty purposes. The warranty would be voided if it is modified, altered or removed.

You can cover the label with paper or tape to improve the aesthetics, if you do so, please be sure that the cover can be removed in the event that you need an RMA. Also be sure the cover does not interfere with the functionality of the large metal heat-sink on the drive.

The label on the other side of the drive should not be an issue as it can't be seen when the drive is installed, but it should not be removed either. This label is required by the Customs and Certification agencies around the world.