cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 750 activity led (pcie)

CG4
New Contributor II

Hi guys,

I'm having some issues with the 750 ssd and the hdd activity led on my case. For some reason there is NO activity led, though the system works just fine with no crushes, errors, etc. By "No activity led" I mean, it just semi blinks for one or two times during boot and never blinks again, whatever I do (games, installing apps, running intel optimizer, etc). Have tried all the usual and possible things to check but no luck. *The led on my case works fine for the record.My specs are :

Asus Rampage V Extreme/ 3.1 usb revision

Intel core i7 5820K @ 3,6GhzCorsair dominator 16GB DDR4 @ 3000Mhz

Intel 750 ssd (pcie version, Connected on PCI e 3.0 x8, so works x4) **Latest Firmware with Toolbox 3.3.1/ latest driver 1.2.0.1002

MSI 290x LightingRunning Windows 10 Pro x64 fully updated (no option here )

Tried both with CSM on and off, no difference

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Chris
10 REPLIES 10

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

chr1407,

We have just tested an Intel® SSD 750 Series in a similar environment and the activity led flashes just normal while browsing on the Internet and also when playing games and etc...

Does this happen only with the SSD or to any other drive?

Did you check if the connector for this LED is connected to the proper header on the motherboard?

Please check with the motherboard manufacturer to see if they have any updates since the SSD is working normally as you have reported.

CG4
New Contributor II

Hi Aleki,

Thanks for your reply!

As i stated in my system specs, intel 750 is my one and only drive 😛 . I have 2 external hdds for all the junk which i rarely turn on. I want my system plain and simple. 750 is the boot and the only drive installed for OS a few games and some programs (i dont really use any more than 160 gb of space; normaly im at 120-150gb used space). So IF there was a led activity, it would have been from 750 and only. But as i told ya, the led semi blinks about 2 times in the boot up process and a 1-2 in the shut down. There is nothing i can do to in the windows enviroment to make it blink 😛 (neither games, programs, clean up/test etc).

Of course i have connected the cable to the right spot (not my 1st build here) and as i wrote, i double checked polarity, pins, etc and the case led is working. It just dont show the ssd activity!!

**Forgot to mention that my mobo (asus Rampage V/3.1 usb rev) is fully updated to the lastest UEFI BIOS version 1502-nvme support came from v1302.

CG4
New Contributor II

Guys, any news on this one? Any fix comin' soon or something?

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

Hello chr1707

Before we go any further, please do the following:

1 - Check for possible BIOS update for the motherboard.

2 - Check for SSD firmware updates. You can you the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23931/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Data-Center-Tool Intel® SSD Datacenter Tool

3 - Make sure you have the latest driver for the Intel® SSD 750 Series. Here is the link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23929/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Data-Center-Family-for-NVMe-... Intel® Solid-State Drive Data Center Family for NVMe Drivers

Let us know the results so we can move on into the next step if necessary.