cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 750 activity led (pcie)

CG4
New Contributor II

Hi guys,

I'm having some issues with the 750 ssd and the hdd activity led on my case. For some reason there is NO activity led, though the system works just fine with no crushes, errors, etc. By "No activity led" I mean, it just semi blinks for one or two times during boot and never blinks again, whatever I do (games, installing apps, running intel optimizer, etc). Have tried all the usual and possible things to check but no luck. *The led on my case works fine for the record.My specs are :

Asus Rampage V Extreme/ 3.1 usb revision

Intel core i7 5820K @ 3,6GhzCorsair dominator 16GB DDR4 @ 3000Mhz

Intel 750 ssd (pcie version, Connected on PCI e 3.0 x8, so works x4) **Latest Firmware with Toolbox 3.3.1/ latest driver 1.2.0.1002

MSI 290x LightingRunning Windows 10 Pro x64 fully updated (no option here )

Tried both with CSM on and off, no difference

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Chris
10 REPLIES 10

CG4
New Contributor II

Hello Aleki,

Thanks for your reply, though in my first post I have stated that I havea) latest firmware for my Rampage V extreme/3.1 usb revb) latest firmware for intel 750 with toolbox 3.3.1 and latest driver for 750 v 1.3.0.1007. I managed to intall the latest driver, unlike WebMaximus!So why are you asking me to check the same things again? There isn't anything new to upgrade to, and even your latest driver doesn't solve the issue.Regards,Chris

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

Hello chr1407,

The Intel® Solid-State Drive Toolbox version 3.3.1 is not intended for PCIe drives such as the Intel® SSD 750 series.

We recommend that for this specific drive you use the Intel® SSD Datacenter Tool. Here is the link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23931/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Data-Center-Tool Intel® Solid-State Drive Data Center Tool make sure you follow the instructions provided in the guide. Click here as well: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23931/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Data-Center-Tool GUIDE - Are you experiencing any other issue other than the LED?

Once you have the data center tool installed, run these commands:

1 - isdct.exe show intelssd

2 - isdct.exe show intelssd 0 (where 0 is the index of the SSD)

CG4
New Contributor II

Aleki, I'm currently running the Data center utility. That's how I upgraded to the latest firmware as I posted you in the previous screenshots.

I'm not experiencing any other issues apart from the led issue and the "kinda slow" boot times.*I don't see anywhere that the toolbox in not intended for the 750 pcie versions. In its description in fact is stated that 750 is supported and the toolbox worked flawlessly till recent driver and firmware update. How can I easily see the health status and the expected remaining life with the data center utility, how can I run the ssd optimizer, quick and full scan? Features that the toolbox provided very straightforward.

TGree4
New Contributor II

Not sure why I didn't notice this before either. Mine is exactly the same. My RAID volume and other single disk make my HDD LED work as you would expect, but the 750 1.2TB does nothing. Latest firmware and drivers also.

CG4
New Contributor II

Its becoming pretty clear its something on their side. Hope they realize it soon and fix it...

**In the toolbox are you having the issue with the health bars/estimated life etc, or is it working properly with the new firm and driver?