cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 750 : high read latency

NMICH1
New Contributor

Hello,

I am using a 400gb Intel 750 (pcie card) on a Z97 board.

Using AS SSD, I find that the read latency is about 4 times higher than what I see from reviews (0.08ms vs 0.02ms). The write latency is ok. The 0.02ms seems in line with the specs of the drive, so it appears that my system is slow.

I tried moving to the CPU lanes to see if that was a factor. As expected, I got a nice boost in seq read, but no change in latency :

Example from the web (Google image search for "intel 750 asssd") :

Any idea of what I should look for to obtain "normal" read latencies ? I tried disabling real-time protection in Windows Defender, but no change there.

Platform :

Windows 10 AU

NVME driver 1.7

Intel 4790k

16 Gb RAM

Maximus VII Hero (Z97)

Intel 750 400Gb

13 REPLIES 13

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Latenic,

It is important to make sure you are connected to the right slot. The board contains:2 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x 16 slots (Red, Single at x16 or dual at x8/x8 mode)1 xPCIe 2.0 x16 slot (Black, max. at x4 mode)3 x PCIe 2.0 x1 slotsOn Chapter 3 page 34, it shows the configuration, please, follow the instructions there and let us know if it worked for you. Unfortunately, as for a validation guide, thank you for your feedback, but there is no validation guide available.Please let us know if this helped you.Best regards,Aleki

NMICH1
New Contributor

It did not.

As stated in my first post, I tried running the benchmark when connected to the CPU lanes (red slot). I verified that the card was operating in PCIE 3 mode. But the reported latency remained unchanged.

Best regards.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Latenic,

According to the logs you have sent, it says it is PCIe* gen 2. Please, check if you are running the latest BIOS firmware and also check if there isn't any settings in the BIOS that could be limiting the PCIe* version used on the slot.Best regards,Aleki

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Latenic,

We haven't heard from you in while so we would like to know if you had the opportunity to try the steps we have provided previously.Best regards,Aleki