cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 80GB G2 M HP HDX18 OS will not load?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I installed the SSD 80gb G2 easily.. and went to bios and even scanned the drive.. no problems.. but the recovery disk from HP which to my knowledge is just Vista 64 sp1.. will load past the 99% mark.. I am so sorry to bug you guys / gals with this.. but I am on my 7th try to get it loaded?

Am I missing a step? do I need to mod the BIOS? HP locks the BIOS with use of Insyde..

I have a second HDD in the laptop which I just pulled out and discounected the SSD and reconnected it.. and I am hoping that this changes something.

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Be well, JW

9 REPLIES 9

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I might add that I am to the HP software installation screen.. and not up and running just yet.. but I have high hopes for Intel and HP playing some what nicely together.. I hope my faith is not mis-placed..

But you answering it the dead of night on a Friday night really.. and I can not stress how much really means.. a great deal.

Good looking out for your fellow man..

Sincerely, JW

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I did order 2 SSD's for 2 Hp HDX's.. I am now on drive number (SSD) number 2.. minus the 7,200rpm 250gb in bay two (2)..

I am at a loss.. I ran a Hard disk test in BIOS.. (both)

I ran a memory test(s).

I does not show Intel SSD in the BIOS but it did not show the 250gb seagate drives either?

Do I need to re-install the HDD and reflash the BIOS to some other version so the installation will finish?

In " Factory image recovery preperations" it loads both "Reformating your hard disk and copying files required for the restoration {box checked}" and as well "Deploying files required for the recovery installation phase" {box also checked} and will does install and freeze is a the wrong way to describe the event.. but at 99%.. the harddrive light is on solid and it goes no further?

HP carries Intel SSD as OEM.. Gen 1.. but the difference is a slower controler? same firmware / controler software?

Am I missing something simple? rub my belly and pat my head 10 times while hoping in a circle?

I am on hour 8? and losing my patience.. I see a tech in my future..

If you have any thing that you would like to share.. Thanks in Advance.. after 50 people read this no one commented.. I guess that should have been the omen of things to come for others... lots of people looking for answers.. not a lot of people with answers.

Be well all and Good Luck! if you are having problems as well, JW

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

After not having any patience.. and suffering becuase of my own ignorance... I would like to say I am more than Pleased with my Intel G2 80GB SSD..

http://s985.photobucket.com/albums/ae332/JamesEdwardWorkman/?action=view&current=CyrstalInfoandMarkS...

This is the first hour BenchMark.. I can say that the SSD seems to have burned in (forgive the wrong terminology, please) or settled in..

http://s985.photobucket.com/albums/ae332/JamesEdwardWorkman/?action=view&current=CrystalDiskMarkandI...

I would say that these numbers are better than those advertised by Intel..

I am very happy with my start times.. shut down is seconds.. less than 10 seconds.. start up less than 30 seconds..

I moved from a 7,200rpm seagate 250gb HDD... and all I can say is wow! and thanks.. I know I paid for it.. but still it is a fantastic drive.

I will mention.. I have made no changes to my drive... no tweaks.. not firmware updates.. or sanitary wipes.. nothing.. plug and play..

Thanks Team Intel... now if you guys could make enough of these to drive the price down.. and as well where or when can we expect a 320gb SSD?

Here are some number from not a SSD.. just for counter balance for what the real improvement was / is.. call it 400% - 500% or better.. (for a 1,600% price premium, but its worth it).

http://s985.photobucket.com/albums/ae332/JamesEdwardWorkman/?action=view&current=CrystalDiskInfoandM...

For those who are keeping score the new WD Black Series.. 7,200rpm.. not so fast...as the seagate.. call it 25% slower.. numbers below.

http://s985.photobucket.com/albums/ae332/JamesEdwardWorkman/?action=view&current=CrystalInfoandMarkH...

I hope this helps someone be patient.. and confident that they can up-grade themselves.. as well enjoy a really fast drive without knowing source code and / or programing on any Level.. basicly.. Noob Approved! (I am the Noob who approves, if its not completely obvious)

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

hey all...im havin same issues with my HP DV7 laptop...i can load anything on non ssd, and i can load windows 7 64bit from a oem windows disc, BUT i can not load from HP recovery discs to the sdd...the unit even went back to hp, GET THIS, hp told me its because it was third party hdd...WHATEVER! even if i partion the ssd to match hp's load, when the recovery disc starts to load it formats and does its own thing...ran all the test, checked firmware on the ssd, all is good and seems to boil down to how hps recovery discs set up the system...at a loss over here

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

1. Pull the second drive.. which should be 1(0 should be your number 1 drive).

2. Install your OS.

3. re-install your 2nd drive.