I have a 905p 960gb as my only drive and I have Intel SSD Toolbox 3.5.8 and Client NVME 184.108.40.2062 installed. Says my firmware is current as of SSD Toolbox 3.5.8 release. In command prompt after getting to destination I type :
"Intel SSD Toolbox".exe -drive_index 0 -led_color -red
and get the response:
Welcome to the Intel SSD Toolbox
Result: Completed Successfully.
I have tried every color/on/off and still I cannot change from default blue. Any suggestions? Thank you!
Thank you for contacting Intel® SSD Support.
In order to further assist you regarding your inquiry related to your Intel® SSD DC S4500 Series. We will appreciate if you can provide us with the following information:
• The SSU logs.
1- Go to
and download the software.
2- When finished downloading it, open it.
3- Attach the file obtained to your reply.
• We will appreciate if you can provide us with the SMART details.CSV file (SMART logs) from your Intel® Optane™ SSD 905P Series. In the “IntelSolidStateDriveToolboxUserGuide.pdf” section 3.2 you can find the instructions on how to get this file.
The following steps describe how to change the LED status:
1. Install the latest version of Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox (must be 3.5.3 or later).
2. Find and copy the path* to the Intel SSD Toolbox application.
Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) SSD Toolbox
* The path may be different depending on the computer.
3. Open the Administrator: Command Prompt and navigate to the Intel SSD Toolbox folder.
- You can use the following command (using cd
as an example:
4. Execute the following command (including the quotation marks):
a) "Intel SSD Toolbox".exe -drive_index # -led_color ?
b) Replace # with the number of the drive as it shows up in Disk Management
c) Replace ? with one of the following:
5. The command prompt will notify if the operation was successful after executing the command.
We will be looking forward to your reply.
Have a nice day.
Intel® Customer Support Technician
Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Thank you so much, removing the hyphen before color did the trick. And thank you JoshB for your response as well. Consider this closed and you all have a great rest of your day/evening.