I have a 905p 960gb as my only drive and I have Intel SSD Toolbox 3.5.8 and Client NVME 18.104.22.1682 installed. Says my firmware is current as of SSD Toolbox 3.5.8 release. In command prompt after getting to destination I type :
"Intel SSD Toolbox".exe -drive_index 0 -led_color -red
and get the response:
Welcome to the Intel SSD Toolbox
Result: Completed Successfully.
I have tried every color/on/off and still I cannot change from default blue. Any suggestions? Thank you!
Thank you for contacting Intel® SSD Support.
In order to further assist you regarding your inquiry related to your Intel® SSD DC S4500 Series. We will appreciate if you can provide us with the following information:
• The SSU logs.
1- Go to
and download the software.
2- When finished downloading it, open it.
3- Attach the file obtained to your reply.
• We will appreciate if you can provide us with the SMART details.CSV file (SMART logs) from your Intel® Optane™ SSD 905P Series. In the “IntelSolidStateDriveToolboxUserGuide.pdf” section 3.2 you can find the instructions on how to get this file.
The following steps describe how to change the LED status:
1. Install the latest version of Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox (must be 3.5.3 or later).
2. Find and copy the path* to the Intel SSD Toolbox application.
Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) SSD Toolbox
* The path may be different depending on the computer.
3. Open the Administrator: Command Prompt and navigate to the Intel SSD Toolbox folder.
- You can use the following command (using cd
as an example:
4. Execute the following command (including the quotation marks):
a) "Intel SSD Toolbox".exe -drive_index # -led_color ?
b) Replace # with the number of the drive as it shows up in Disk Management
c) Replace ? with one of the following:
5. The command prompt will notify if the operation was successful after executing the command.
We will be looking forward to your reply.
Have a nice day.
Intel® Customer Support Technician
Under Contract to Intel Corporation