cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel DC P3600 reports 0 namespaces and health status *ASSERT_FFFF0194 SL

KElse
New Contributor

As the title says, my Intel DC P3600 reports 0 valid namespaces, and health status *ASSERT_FFFF0194 SL.

Registers are readable/writable, and identify controller succeeds (from which num ns and health status is read).

All other commands fails with Generic Error: Internal Device Error (SCT: 0, SC: 6).

As per the specification, an async event is posted on internal errors, and is fetched with an async event request. The async event request also fails with internal device error.

Is there any way of fixing this?

12 REPLIES 12

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

Hello Kristian-E,

In order for us to assist you, we need you to provide some important pieces of information.

• What OS are you using?
  • Are you using the Intel(R) NVMe driver?
  • Can you dump the SMART values?
  • What test and/or activity was being run on the drive?

Using Intel Data Center Tool you can collect of number of dumps that can help us diagnose. Please save each dump to separate files.

isdct dump -destination /root/Desktop/ErrorLog.txt -intelssd X DataType=NVMelog LogID=1

This log shows the wearout indicator (100 = new, 1 = replace)

isdct dump -destination /root/Desktop/HealthLog.txt -intelssd X DataType=NVMelog LogID=2

isdct dump -destination /root/Desktop/FWrev.txt -intelssd X DataType=NVMelog LogID=3

isdct dump -destination /root/Desktop/SMARTdump.txt -intelssd X DataType=NVMelog LogID=202

Shows max temp. for warranty

isdct dump -destination /root/Desktop/TempSensor.txt -intelssd X DataType=NVMelog LogID=197

Drive Health

isdct dump -destination /root/Desktop/ID.txt -intelssd X DataType=Identify

KElse
New Contributor

Hi aleki_intel,

• I am using Windows with the newest Intel(R) NVMe driver (v 1.1.0.1004), as well as Ubuntu 14.04 with the built-in driver, and an experimental OS
  • The disk has been used primarily for testing sequential/random reads across the entire drive
  • I have also performed a few experiments with sequential/random writes that sums to about 1 drive write over 5 days.

The Intel SSD Data Center Tool is unable to fetch the logs. All dump commands, except dump identify, fails with "Error: Selected drive is in a disable logical state",

I assume this is because the dump commands use the NVMe Get Log command, which fails with "Internal Device Error".

The dump identify partially succeeds, and I am able to get the "Identify Controller" data structure, which is uploaded as "ID.txt", the rest, probably "Identify Namespace" fails,

which to me makes sense since identify controller shows that there are 0 namespaces.

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

Hello Kristian-E,

Please, check your private messages.

KWang53
New Contributor

Hello aleki,

I have the same problem, could you help me? Thanks a lot!

Rgds,Karr