cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel DC P4510 U.2 are not recognized in ESXI

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello,

we use a backplane from Supermicro with 4x DC P4510 1GB with a Broadcom 9400-16i controller. The hard disks are recognized in the BIOS and displayed correctly. In the ESXI the drives do not appear after booting.

We use:

Fresh Installation - VMWare 6.7 U1

Supermicro X11DPi-NT

Intel Data Center Tool 3.0.14-400

Latest Intel NVMe VMD 1.4.0.1016 (we also try 1.3.2.8 and 1.2.1.15)

Broadcom 9400-16i (also try 9405W-16i) with latest Firmware P8 in IT Mode

Broadcom LSI msgpt35-08 Latest Driver

When we use the Broadcom Controller in Passthrough the Drives are visibel under Freenas. But they are not recognized as NVMe drives and are very slow. So I think it's a driver problem

What can we do....

Best regards

André

8 REPLIES 8

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello andy_web,

Thank you for your patience, Based on the information you shared with us you are running the firmware VDV10131 this is a supported firmware and was validated by VMware to work on his OS and they should provide you with further support for the issue. We advise you to create a ticket in parallel with VMware to work along with and let us know if they provide you with an update or if further assistance is required from our side. Best regards, Josh B.Intel® Customer Support TechnicianUnder Contract to Intel Corporation

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello andy_web,

Thank you for having contacted Intel Technical Support. We have not heard from you since our last communication and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case? Important note: Should further assistance or clarification be required, we will greatly appreciate if you reply to this post instead of writing a new one unless your inquiry is completely unrelated. This way we will prevent generating a duplicate post and we will not lose the train of thought. We will be looking forward to your reply.Best regards,Josh B.Intel® Customer Support TechnicianUnder Contract to Intel Corporation

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello,

the threat can be closed. My problem was not solved, but unfortunately we have no time to test further. The server is needed productively. The NVMe SSD are still not recognized in ESXI.

Best regards

André

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello andy_web,

Thank you for your reply. We understand that you needed to have your server up and running as soon as possible but if you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us back at any time. Best regards. Josh B.Intel Customer Support TechnicianUnder Contract to Intel Corporation