cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel DC S3510 by HP

GBrea
New Contributor

Purchased some 'New' - Intel DC S3510 Series 480GB MLC 2.5" from eBay but as it turns out, they have HP firmware. None of the public Intel tools are able to switch the firmware to Intel. Is there a way to get them on Intel firmware ?

The drives are visible in most servers, but I am trying to install them on a Supermicro X11SRM-F motherboard which sees them but with 0GB size..
3 REPLIES 3

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi gtech1,

As you mentioned, the Intel® tools don't work with OEM drives as the one that you have. These OEM drives are special drives designed for OEMs like HP, and they are the ones who should provide the firmware updates since they are intended to work with their software and hardware requirements.Unfortunately there is no way to update or re-flash the drive with the Intel® tools.I hope this information clarifies your doubt.If there is anything else I can help you with, let me know.Have a nice day.Regards,Diego V.

GBrea
New Contributor

Hello and thank you for your reply.

although unsupported, I do have a way to flash an SSD drive using sg_write_buffer in Linux, however I don't have the actual firmware from Intel. Your tools do it all at once, without providing the actual binary.

Is there any way you can give me the binary firmware only and I'll take it from there ? Yes, i realize I may brick the drive completely, but I'd still like to try.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi gtech1,

I understand what you would like to try, but unfortunately the binary files are not publicly available. The only way to flash the firmware is through an Intel® tool which will do the process automatically.Regards,Diego V.